Through all the ways that the Top 100 Dealers search out and use improvement opportunities, one of the most common, albeit informal ways they do so is through the use of business books.
Many Top 100 Dealers find a book and ask their employees to read it and then launch a discussion around the topic. Others read a book and are so moved by the content that they apply the concepts to their business in quick fashion.
Of those books that were mentioned in this year’s round of Top 100 Dealer applications, here are those that stood out for their uniqueness or their multiple mentions.
1. “The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People,” by Stephen R. Covey
2. “Hug Your Customers: The Proven Way to Personalize Sales and Achieve Astounding Results,” by Jack Mitchell
3. “Customers For Life: How To Turn That One-Time Buyer Into a Lifetime Customer,” by Carl Sewell and Paul B. Brown
4. “Raving Fans: A Revolutionary Approach To Customer Service,” by Ken Blanchard and Sheldon Bowles
5. “Who Moved My Cheese? An Amazing Way to Deal with Change in Your Work and in Your Life,” by Spencer Johnson and Kenneth H. Blanchard
6. “Good to Great: Why Some Companies Make the Leap… and Others Don’t,” by Jim Collins
7. “How to Win Customers and Keep Them for Life,” by Michael LeBoeuf
8. “What is Lean Six Sigma,” by Michael L. George, David Rowlands, and Bill Kastle