ALEXANDRIA, Va. — The Boat Owners Association of The United States (BoatU.S.) has made three key appointments to its National Advisory Council, the group said in a release this week.
The new members include Lenora Clark, Anne Sacks and Terry West. Clark is vice chair, California Boating and Waterways Commission; Sacks is president of the statewide advocacy group Recreational Boaters of California (RBOC); and West is president of the National Association of State Boating Law Administrators.
The council was created more than 30 years ago to advise and guide the association on federal and state issues critical to recreational boaters.
“Both Lenora and Anne bring a vital West Coast perspective to our Advisory Council while Terry offers important contributions from the law enforcement side,” BoatU.S. President Nancy Michelman said in the release. “Now that they are on our Advisory Council, boaters in every state of the nation will benefit from their leadership, expertise and enthusiasm.”
The council held its annual meeting last weekend in St. Petersburg, Fla.
Members of the BoatU.S. National Advisory Council include:
- John Bonds, Former Executive Director, U.S. SAILING
- Steven M. Budar, Past National Commodore, U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary
- Kris Carroll, President, Grady-White Boats, Inc.
- Lenora Clark, Vice Chair, California Boating and Waterways Commission
- Dean Travis Clarke, Executive Editor, Sport Fishing and Marlin magazines
- Doris Colgate, President, Offshore Sailing School
- Wolcott “Tony” Gibbs Jr., former editor of Yachting and Current Council Chairman
- Jim Ellis, Former President, BoatU.S.
- Chuck Hawley, Vice President of Product Information, West Marine
- Charles Husick, Former President, Chris-Craft Boat Company
- Elbert “Mack” Maloney, Author, Chapman’s and Dutton’s
- Ernest G. Marshburn, SN, Past Chief Commander, U.S. Power Squadrons
- Col. Terry West, President, National Assn. of State Boating Law Administrators
- Admiral Robert Nelson, Vice Commandant, U.S. Coast Guard (Retired)
- Anne Sacks, President, Recreational Boaters of California
- Richard Schwartz, BoatU.S. Chairman and Founder