The Sea Tow Foundation, a non-profit organization dedicated to boating safety, announced the newest members of its Boating Safety Advisory Council. The Boating Safety Advisory Council is comprised of decision makers and influencers representing all segments of the for-profit boating industry.
The new appointees were chosen by the current council and executive committee members, and will serve a two-year term as well as be eligible for a second term. Council members attend quarterly virtual meetings to consult on numerous boating safety topics, participate in a variety of boating safety initiatives, and are actively engaged in judging the entries for the annual National Boating Safety Awards. Judging the awards will be one of the new members’ first tasks as applications are due September 1, 2023.
“We received dozens of applications from highly-regarded individuals in the boating industry and we are thrilled to welcome these five incredible individuals to our Boating Safety Advisory Council,” says Gail R. Kulp, Executive Director of the Sea Tow Foundation. “We’re looking forward to seeing how these new members will diversify and expand our efforts at promoting boating safety within the industry and help us continue to save lives.”
New appointees chosen to join the Sea Tow Foundation’s Boating Safety Advisory Council include:
- Steven Bull is the creator, host and producer of Water Ways. Steven is an award-winning broadcaster with the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation (CBC) and he launched the new multi-platform boating source to celebrate the people, places and lifestyles of recreational boating.
- Christine Carlson McKone is the Director of Marketing for Volvo Penta North America. Her experience spans more than 15 years in areas such as strategic communication, media and analyst relations, content creation, event planning and digital marketing.
- Gunnar Davies is the Digital Marketing Specialist for BRP Marine. He is also an avid angler and has spent many years behind the wheel of recreational boats and feels fortunate to have been able to turn a life-long passion for boating into a career.
- Alisdair Martin is the Vice President of Strategy & Sales for the National Marine Manufacturers Association (NMMA). As an industry veteran, he has worked with many mainstream marine brands. Alisdair also serves on the board of the Marine Marketers of America and chairs the industry Neptune Awards.
- Leslie Palmer is the National Sales Director for Boating Industry Magazine. She looks forward to working with the Sea Tow Foundation Boating Safety Advisory Council to continue promoting the important message of boating safety.
Continuing members of the Sea Tow Foundation Boating Safety Advisory Council include:
- Shannon Aronson, Marketing/PR Director – American Boat & Yacht Council
- Jeremy Backman, Vice President, Recreational – Chubb Personal Risk Services
- Laura Barry, Regional Vice President, West Coast – West Marine
- Brooks Bunde, Regional Sales Manager, Marine – Garmin
- Rufino Cruz, Jr., Business Development Manager – Regal & Nautique of Orlando
- Michael Gisch, General Manager – MarineMax
- Nick Gosselin, Director of Marketing – Freedom Boat Club
- Kim Koditek, Head of Content Marketing – Boatsetter
- Captain Jennifer McQuilken, Global Marketing – Cummins, Inc.
- Tyler Mehrl, Category Manager, Steering & Controls – Mercury Marine
- Jeff Moag, Content Director – Water Sports Foundation
- Mark Pillsbury, Editor – Cruising World Magazine
- Scott Rath, General Manager – Uflex USA, Inc.
- Angie Scott, Podcast Host – The Woman Angler & Adventurer Podcast
- Chad Tokowicz, Government Relations – Marine Retailers Association of the Americas
- Randy Vance, Editor at Large – Bonnier Corporation