As part of its education program, the 2017 International BoatBuilders' Exhibition & Conference will feature a variety of in-depth Super Sessions on Monday, Sept. 18, the day before the show opens at the Tampa Convention Center. The Super Sessions – organized and produced by Grow Boating, the National Marine Electronics Association, the International Marina Institute. the Society for Naval Architects and Marine Engineers and multiple exhibitors – focus on trending topics within the industry.
"The IBEX Super Sessions offer our attendees an opportunity to really dive into a half- or full- day training brought to us from the leading experts in the marine industry," said Anne Dunbar, IBEX show director. "This is the most super sessions we've ever offered, and I am really pleased to see the content expanding as well."
The Super Sessions cover such topics as fiberglass boat repair, integrated electrical systems, color design, core materials, and-new in 2017-IMI will host its Marina 101 course as well as a two-day Marina & Boatyard Study Tour. Also noteworthy, Grow Boating will host “Maximize Your Grow Boating Investment: Marine Industry Marketing Summit,” a half-day session that will feature new consumer research, industry insights and marketing practices that can help attendees reach new customers.
"We are excited to host the Marine Industry Marketing Summit as part of the pre-conference Super Sessions to help industry stakeholders get the most from their Grow Boating investment," says Carl Blackwell, president, Grow Boating. "This four-hour marketing session will offer recommendations and best practices for using inbound, content and nurture marketing strategies to help move your website visitors into prospects and customers."
The nine IBEX Super Sessions include:
- Marina 101 (8 a.m. – 12 p.m.) Sponsored by IMI
- Marina & Boatyard Study Tour (Monday: 1– 6:45 p.m.; Tuesday 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.)Sponsored by IMI
- Core College (1 – 4 p.m.) Sponsored by Diab
- Color Design and Inspiration: Implementation within the Yacht Industry (12 – 4 p.m.) Sponsored by Awlgrip
- Modern Scantlings: Calculations, Standards, Details, Materials (9 a.m. – 5 p.m.) Sponsored by SNAME
- Fiberglass Boat Repair (9 a.m. – 3 p.m.) Sponsored by WEST SYSTEM
- The Integrated Boat (9 a.m. – 1 p.m.) Sponsored by Power Products LLC
- Basic NMEA 2000 Network Course (8 a.m. – 5 p.m.) Sponsored by NMEA
- Maximize Your Grow Boating Investment: Marine Industry Marketing Summit (1 – 5 p.m.) Sponsored by Grow Boating
To register for IBEX 2017, visit the show website. For attendees who have already registered for IBEX and would like to add one of the Super Sessions, call an IBEX registration representative at 484-751-5135 or email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.