More than 175 marine industry marketers attended this year’s Grow Boating Marketing Summit, an IBEX Special Event.
A panel of leading marketing and research experts provided insights on the evolving digital marketing landscape and offered actionable strategies to help businesses boost their sales. Summit attendees included boat, engine and accessory manufacturers, as well as dealers, boat clubs and marine industry service providers.
“Now in its third year, the Grow Boating Marketing Summit attendance has grown from approximately 75 people to more than 175. We stacked our speaker line up this year with experts who could both inspire and provide practical insights that could be applied to attendees’ businesses today. I know the Discover Boating team walked away from this meeting learning a lot,” said Carl Blackwell, Grow Boating president. “Marketing in today’s evolving digital world has changed consumer expectations, so we are doing our part to bring this critical information to the forefront for marine marketers to help us all understand the new tools and strategies needed to effectively attract potential boat buyers.”
Summit presentations outlined how to successfully market to the next wave of boaters by leveraging digital marketing channels, such as display ads, video, social media, email, search and websites, to move the sales needle.
The speaker line-up included:
• Jack Ellis, Info-Link – The Who Behind the How: The People We Need to Reach with Digital Marketing
• Marcus Sheridan, The Sales Lion – The Shift: How Sales, Marketing & Customer Experience Have Changed Forever
• Heather Lutze, Findability University – Findability Formula: The Easy, Non-Technical Approach to Search Engine Marketing
• Steve Pizzolato, AVALA Marketing Group & Julie Hagemann, ICF Next – The Boomer & The Millennial: A Generational Conversation on Digital Marketing
• Mari Smith, Mari Smith International – Facebook Marketing in a Changing World: What You Need to Know
Recordings and printable versions of all Summit presentations can be found on GrowBoating.org, and we encourage you to consider sharing these presentations with your team.