Highfield Boats, manufacturer of aluminum-hull rigid inflatable boats (RIBs), held its first U.S. dealer meeting on Aug. 13-15 in Holland, Mich. More than 80% of its sales distribution network was in attendance. During the event, the company shared news of its recent double-digit sales increases with its dealers.
“Highfield USA sales grew 50% last year and our business has doubled in the past two years,” said Tom Watson, general manager, Highfield Boats USA.
Julien Carussi, general manager of parent company Highfield Boats, based in Weihai, China, reported that overall company sales had increased 33% over the past 12 months.
Highfield Boats executives outlined the company’s global progress, factory growth and expansion plans, including an increased focus on console boats.
The dealer meeting also showcased new models in the Classic, Classic Deluxe, and Deluxe series, along with the chance for dealers to sea-trial seven of the redesigned 2020 Deluxe series RIBs.
New 2020 Models
The new 2020 Deluxe models range from 11 to 15 feet in length. All feature a proven design that includes a lightweight aluminum hull made of premium marine grade materials.
The new models from Highfield come with a wide variety standard features, including:
- Orea by Pennel & Flip hypalon tube fabric (Velmex PVC optional)
- Flush-mount non-return valves
- High-tensile chromated & powder-coated aluminum hull
- Lockable bow locker
- Self-draining deck
- Integrated transom supports
- Console and integrated rear seat with cushion
- Lifting points and towing eyes
- Heavy-duty rubbing strake
During the event, Highfield Boats USA recognized eight of its dealers for their outstanding sales results in 2019. “Our dealers are some of the best in the country,” said Watson. “Highfield’s incredible success and growth since its founding in 2011 has been a direct result of their drive, energy and belief in the Highfield brand. We were proud to recognize eight of them during our meeting.”
The dealer award winners were:
- Top Dealer of the Year – Nautical Ventures
- Admiral’s Club Award: Outstanding Sales Achievement (more than $200,000) – Monahan’s Marine Inc., Coral Gables Yachts, Tradewind Inflatables, Maritime Solutions, Annapolis Inflatables, Waypoint Marine Group
- Most Improved Sales – Sandy Hook Yacht Sales
- President’s Award (Highest Sales for the Past 5 Years) – Monahan’s Marine Inc.
- Patriarch Award recognizing his leadership in founding the Highfield brand in North America – DomenicoFossati.