Garmin International, Inc. recently announced its new OneHelm system, an integrated solution designed for third-party companies that brings the power and convenience of controlling onboard boat systems like digital switching, lighting, stabilization, and more, to a Garmin multifunction display (MFD).
This solution makes the boating experience more automated and fluent at the helm, while also eliminating the need for multiple control displays and devices.
“The MFD is the command center of a boat helm; it’s the most visible display and the most utilized. With that in mind, OneHelm simplifies control and customization of the boats most crucial systems to one master source – the Garmin MFD,” said Dan Bartel, Garmin vice president of global consumer sales. “We’re fortunate to work with so many industry brands to incorporate their systems and technologies into OneHelm, and look forward to adding more soon.”
Since becoming available late last year, Garmin is excited to announce that the systems and technologies of the following companies have been integrated into OneHelm:
- Böning Ship Automation specializes in ship monitoring and control systems aiming for seamless integration with the vessel’s navigation system. Böning develops and manufactures devices and systems for nearly any monitoring and control task on board, as well as the corresponding human interfaces, with user-friendly visualization and custom control panels.
- CZone’s digital switching simplifies operation by combining multiple circuits into predefined modes. CZone offers effortless monitoring oversight of key systems, and advanced control of individual circuits and functions. With a focus on partner integration, CZone delivers a leading solution for onboard automation.
- Lumishore builds advanced high-performance underwater LED lighting solutions for boats of all types and sizes from RIBs to Superyachts. Their Lumi-Link™ plug-&-play MFD integration lets boaters take full control of their Lumishore EOS or SUPRA lighting system directly from their MFD with Lumishore’s full functionality.
- The Carling Technologies OctoPlex system puts the user in complete control of all AC and DC loads. The system utilizes NMEA 2000® to allow monitoring and control of common marine devices, including remote AC breaker management and auto AC load shedding with immediate alerting of electrical issues, while reducing installation complexity and weight.
- The global leader in marine stabilization, Seakeeper’s innovative technology changes the boating experience by eliminating up to 95 percent of all boat roll, the rocking motion that causes seasickness, fatigue and anxiety. Seakeeper offers a growing selection of models for an expanding range of boat sizes.
- Shadow-Caster LED Lighting manufactures marine lighting and control products, and offers a full line of sizes and features to cover small skiffs to large yachts. They specialize in lights that are exceptionally bright, robust and efficient. Shadow-Caster’s Shadow-NET protocol is paving the way for new standards of lighting control in marine applications.
OneHelm is currently available for the GPSMAP® 8400/8600 MFD series. To learn more visit Garmin's website.