The Progressive Insurance Norwalk Boat Show begins today and runs through Sunday.
The Northeast’s premier in-water boating event features 300 new boats from luxury yachts to affordable family cruisers and kicks off this morning with a press conference on marine workforce development in conjunction with the Connecticut Marine Trade Association (CMTA).
The four-day event offers special features for boaters, anglers and families, including “Super Thursday,” a one-day only event offering savings and discounted tickets; an expanded Touch-a-Boat Tour which gives kids an opportunity to talk with captains of real rescue and fireboats; and On-Water Training Presented by BoatU.S. for those ages 13 and up.
Additionally, the show will host a Boating Career Day on Friday, Sept. 21, with speakers across marine engineering and technology, marina management, boat manufacturing and more. Dozens of students will be in attendance from high schools, technical schools and marine schools throughout the region.
The show has already gained local media and influencer attention, with more coverage scheduled throughout the weekend.
Media highlights include:
- News12: Progressive Insurance Norwalk Boat Show Opens Thursday
- BetterCT: Progressive Insurance Norwalk Boat Show
- Stamford Advocate: Fun in waves: Boat show returns to Norwalk with hundreds of vessels, activities
- The Hour: Norwalk Boat Show returns in wake of sales gain in 2017
- CT Post: Norwalk Boat Show returns in wake of sales gain in 2017
- HeyStamford: Instagram Post
- Meg Hall: Instagram Post