Boating Industry will join 34 other industry groups and companies as co-hosts for this year's American Boating Congress.
"We're pleased to once again be part of the broad coalition of industry stakeholders co-hosting ABC," said Boating Industry editor-in-chief Jonathan Sweet. "Industry advocacy is so important to advance the issues the boating industry cares about, and we urge all businesses to attend and support this year's conference."
ABC 2016 will be May 9-11 in Washington, D.C.
As co-hosts, the 35 organizations have committed themselves to growing the industry through public policy advocacy. Assembling from a wide variety of industry segments, these groups provide ongoing counsel and insight into what issues are of the most pressing interest to stakeholders and advocates, ensuring that ABC’s agenda will be packed with timely and relevant policy matters.
This year’s co-hosts are an integral part of planning ABC by contributing their time and expertise to develop the overall ABC program, and by encouraging their members to attend and participate in ABC. Other co-hosts include:
- American Sportfishing Association
- Association of Marina Industries
- Boat U.S.
- Boating Trade Association of Metropolitan Houston
- Center for Coastal Conservation
- Connecticut Marine Trades Association
- National Yacht Broker Certification Program
- CA Yacht Brokers
- Dominion Marine Media
- Florida Yacht Brokers Association
- Lake Erie Marine Trades Association
- Marine Industries Association of South Florida
- Marine Recreation Association
- Michigan Boating Industries Association
- Marine Retailers Association of the Americas
- Marine Trades Association of New Jersey
- National Boating Federation
- National Marine Distributors Association
- National Marine Lenders Association
- National Marine Manufacturers Association
- NMMA South Carolina
- National Safe Boating Council
- Northwest Marine Trade Association
- NW Yachting
- Professional BoatBuilder
- Sail America
- Sea Scouts - Boy Scouts of America
- Soundings Trade Only
- States Organization for Boating Access
- U.S. Superyacht Association
- VA Marine Trades Association
- Worldwide Boaters Safety Group
- Yacht Brokers Association of America
“NMMA is thrilled to once again see organizations from across a broad spectrum partnering for the industry’s most important advocacy event," said NMMA President Thom Dammrich. "With it being an election year, it’s more important than ever for our industry to come together to help drive advocacy. Working together as a whole, we can collectively reach a much broader Congressional audience, educating them about the significant impact that recreational boating has on the U.S. economy as well as the policy priorities affecting our businesses, employees and customers.”
This year ABC will once again feature top political analysts, industry experts and regulatory leaders to focus on our most important advocacy issues. Keynote speakers include Tucker Carlson, co-host, FOX and Friends Weekend and editor-in-chief, The Daily Caller and Paul Begala, political analyst and commentator for CNN.
Registration is now open. For more information or to register, visit nmma.org/abc.