RAI Amsterdam has designed a range of layout changes to this year’s METSTRADE Show, including the addition of a new hall, organizers said Thursday.
METSTRADE 2016 is November 15 to 17 in the RAI Amsterdam convention center in Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
The show reported record attendance of almost 22,000 visitors in 2015, with almost 1,400 exhibiting companies, with more than three quarters of the exhibition floor booked for this year.
Among the changes for 2016:
- SuperYacht Pavilion expands to two halls, taking over all of Halls 10 and 11
- The Marina & Yard Pavilion (MYP) has also enjoyed growth over recent years and at METSTRADE 2016 will be organized in parallel with the ICOMIA World Marinas Conference from November 17 to 19. The MYP will move to Hall 5 to be next to the conference location in the RAI’s new Amtrium building.
- The Construction Material Pavilion (CMP), will stay in the Elicium building. This will allow it to be closely connected to the Material Experience, an exhibition by the global network Materia of materials that could add considerable value to the maritime sector. Meanwhile, the Innovation LAB concept and stage will move to Hall 6, where it will form a central innovation hub together with dedicated presentations of the winning and nominated products for the DAME Design Award.
- The VIP lounge will move to the Europe Foyer and the popular Sushi Bar moves to Hall 7.
- The show office will also be expanded in order to ensure it has the capacity to continue to run the show and provide service to the exhibitors and visitors