LAKE FOREST, Ill. – Brunswick Corporation (NYSE:BC) hosted a meeting at the New York Stock Exchange today to share the progress that the company has made since communicating its three-year strategic plan (2014 – 2016) in November 2013. It also provided a three-year outlook through 2018 about its plans to further increase shareholder value. The presentation was webcast and can be accessed through the Brunswick Corporation website at https://ir.brunswick.com/.
Citing a continuing, steadily improving global marine marketplace, Brunswick executives told the group that they believe a number of elements will contribute to the company’s continued success going forward. These include:
- A strong cadence of new product introductions to extend its product leadership, which results in market share gains;
- Solid operating fundamentals and cost discipline; and
- Plans to invest in its core Marine and Fitness segments, including acquisitions and adjacency initiatives.
Brunswick executives told representatives of the financial community that the Company believes that during the plan’s time frame of 2016 - 2018 that it will:
- Experience revenue growth at a compound annual growth rate of 7 to 9 percent;
- Produce an operating margin of 12 to 12.5 percent in 2018; and
- Result in a target of $4.35 to $4.75 earnings per share in 2018.
Further, the company said Brunswick’s healthy balance sheet and strong free cash flow support a growth strategy that will enable the company to meet or exceed its long-term financial targets, as well as return capital to shareholders.