FORT LAUDERDALE – The International Superyacht Society (ISS) announced winners of the 2015 Design & Leadership Awards. Representing superlative achievement, the awards were presented tonight at the 25th Anniversary of ISS’s Awards Gala in Fort Lauderdale.
ISS was founded in 1989 and represents the large yacht industry. Its mission is delivered by building alliances worldwide with regional and functional associations; to serve as a communications conduit for issues affecting the marketplace, owners, crew and industry members; and to recognize achievement as well as provide educational opportunities and networking events.
The 2015 winners are as follows:
- Best Sail 24-40m: Win Win; Baltic; 33,04m/108’5”; Javier Jaudenes, Design Unlimited
- Best Sail 40m+: Elfie; Royal Huisman; 52,3m/171’10”; Hoek Design NA; Redman Whitely Dixon/POD Interior Style
- Best Refit: Talitha; MB92/Krupp; 80m/262’6; Cox & Stevens, Jon Bannenberg
- Best Power 24-40m: Taransay; Rossi Navi; 39m/128’; Studio Tassin
- Best Power 40-65m: KISS; Feadship; 46,40m/152’10”; Dubois NA; Redman Whitely Dixon
- Best Power 65m+: Grace E; Picchiotti; 73m/239’7”; Vitruvius, Philippe Briand
- Best Interior: Elfie; Redman Whitely Dixon/POD Interior Style
- 2015 Excellence in Innovation: THEOcare Hygiene GmbH
- 2015 Business Person of the Year: Timothy Hodgdon, Hodgdon Yachts
- 2015 Distinguished Crew Award: M/Vs DRAGONFLY and UMBRA – Relief Work in Vanuatu
- 2015 Leadership Award: Tim Heywood, Tim Heywood Designs
- 2015 ISS Fabien Cousteau Blue Award: Khaled bi Sultan Living Oceans Foundation
For more information, visit superyachtsociety.org.