Scout Boats, Inc. held its 2016 Model Year Dealer Meeting September 24 – 26, 2015, in Charleston, S.C.
The dealer meeting consisted of a two day dealer event, media boat testing, a successful customer sales expo, top dealer awards and the debut of the company’s all new 231 XS Bay Boat.
During the welcome dinner, dealers and meeting attendees heard an inspirational speech by the most severely wounded living combat veteran, triple amputee Air Force Airman Brian Kolfage Jr.
“It was an honor and privilege to have Brian join us for our event and address our group,” said Scout Boats vice president Dave Wallace. “He and his wife fell in love with our brand, and are working with our dealer Legendary Marine in Florida on the purchase of a new 350 LXF. We’re honored to be able to work with Brian as we customize his new model for his needs. We’re all very thankful for his service to our country.”
During the event, Scout awarded its top dealers and sales professionals from around the world based on sales figures from the previous year. The awards were as follows:
- Ted Jones, MarineMax, Stuart, Fla., Top Salesman of the Year
- Viage Group, Sarasota, Fla., Dealer of the Year
- Seven Seas Yacht Sales, Fort Lauderdale, Fla., Top Dealer
- Hall Marine Group, Pleasant, S.C., Top Dealer
- Max Marine Cancun, Mexico, Top International Dealer
- Sportsman’s Choice Marine, Longs, S.C., New Dealer of the Year
- MarineMax, Top Multisite Dealer
The all-new 231 XS and new 420 LXF, as well as other models in the Scout line-up, were on display for dealers, customers and media.
During the business meeting portion, Scout also debuted and launched an all new mobile-friendly website, with easy-to-navigate features making it the ideal site to experience on any platform.