Earlier this month, Bryan Seti, general manager of sales and marketing, Yamaha WaterCraft Group, was elected chairperson of the Grow Boating Board of Directors during their annual meeting in Chicago. Seti succeeds Joe Lewis, owner and general manager of Mt. Dora Boating Center, who served as chairperson from 2011 through October 2019.
Seti joined Yamaha in 1998 and leads sales and marketing for Yamaha's jet-powered boat line. Before joining Yamaha, he was director of marketing for Diamondback Bicycles.
The following Grow Boating Board directors were elected to serve as officers during the Nov. 6 meeting:
- Chairperson: Bryan Seti, general manager of sales and marketing, Yamaha WaterCraft Group
- Vice Chairperson: Peter Barrett, senior vice president, SmokerCraft
- Secretary: David Witty, executive vice president, OneWater Marine
- Treasurer: Bill Watters, president, Syntec Industries
- Past Chair: Joe Lewis, owner and general manager, Mount Dora Boating Center
The Grow Boating Board of Directors is comprised of:
Boat Manufacturer Representatives
- Lauren Beckstadt, Brunswick Corporation
- Phil Estes, Malibu Boats LLC
- Peter Barrett, SmokerCraft, Inc.
- Robert Long, White River Marine Group
Engine Manufacturer Representatives
- Natalie Carrera, Indmar Marine Engines
- Michelle Dauchy, Mercury Marine
- Susan Bonovich, Volvo Penta of the Americas
- Dale Barnes, Yamaha Marine
- Matt Lodder, Marine Sales Group, Fairfield, Ohio
- Larry Russo, Sr., MarineMax Russo, Medford, Mass.
- Joe Lewis, Mount Dora Boating Center, Mount Dora, Fla.
- David Witty, OneWater Marine, St. Petersburg, Fla.
Accessory & Component Manufacturer Representatives
- Laurie Louvier, Dometic
- Bill Watters, Syntec Industries
- Bryan Seti, Yamaha WaterCraft Group
Discover Boating Canada Representative
- Marc Duhamel, Legend Boats
- Glenn Sandridge, Bonnier Corporation
- Louis Chemi, Freedom Boat Club
- Michele Goldsmith, Soundings Trade Only