The International BoatBuilders’ Exhibition and Conference (IBEX) announced today the winners of the IBEX Innovation Awards for the 30th Anniversary Show. The IBEX Innovation Awards program is managed by the NMMA and judged by Boating Writers International (BWI). The judges selected 11 Innovation Award winners and three honorable mentions among dozens of entries submitted by marine trade companies.
Awards were presented during the annual Industry Breakfast, Keynote, and Innovation Awards presentation, held this morning at the JW Marriott Tampa Water Street. All products submitted to the IBEX Innovation Awards will be displayed along Innovation Way located on the 2nd floor of the Tampa Convention Center throughout the Show.
The winners of the 2021 IBEX Innovation Awards are:
- Boat Care and Maintenance: Gibco Flex-Mold Inc., Re-Deck: “This is a comprehensive selection of gelcoat decking patterns that simplifies and reduces the cost of decking repair,” said judge Bill Bishop.
- Boatbuilding Methods and Materials: Sika Corporation, Adekit A236: “A great low temperature curing, high-strength, two-part adhesive that can be used in volume without discoloring gelcoat,” said judge Bill Gius.
- Deck Equipment and Hardware: LilliPad Marine, Ghost Mount: “Nearly invisible yet unbelievably strong, this versatile floor-mounting system is a true game-changer for both builders and consumers,” said judge Brady Kay.
- Honorable Mention: Seaworthy Innovations, Scuppers.
- Electrical Systems: Discover Battery, LITHIUM BLUE: “Completely serviceable in the field, Lithium Blue is sure to have an impact on this growing segment,” said judge Adam Quandt.
- Honorable Mention: Raymarine, YachtSense Modular Digital Control System.
- Entertainment: RideController, LED+: “This is an innovative use of neopixel LEDs and advances the art of yacht lighting,” said judge Bill Bishop.
- Furnishings and Interior Parts: GUARDTEX, Kanvaslight: “The flexibility of the optical fibers in this product is a versatile way to provide practical and decorative lighting integrated into a soft Bimini top,” said judge Steve Davis.
- Mechanical Systems: XLYEM, Jabsco Quiet Flush E2: “A simple solution to a potentially messy situation,” said judge Ben Stein.
- OEM Electronics: Volvo Penta, Assisted Docking: “Volvo’s Assisted Docking lets the skipper take a breath in stressful situations while giving them pinpoint control of the vessel,” said judge Ben Stein.
- Propulsion Parts, Propellers: HydroFin, Super Fly: “A well-engineered hydrofoil system that significantly improves the ride and performance of any double pontoon boat,” said judge, Brady Kay.
- Safety Equipment: OSCAR Navigation, Sentry: “The Sentry’s advanced use of machine learning from millions of on-water events makes boating safer underway and at rest,” said judge Ben Stein.
- Honorable Mention: inteliPlug, The Vault.
- Trailers, Parts and Trailer Accessories: Innovative Group Inc., Roller Bunk: “A new way to avoid powerloading and boat launch erosion that can be adapted to an existing trailer,” said judge and Boating Industry managing editor Quandt.
“This year’s Innovation Awards program saw an incredible collection of entries,” said Anne Dunbar, IBEX Show Director. “The judges from Boating Writers International had their work cut out for them to select winners to join the ranks of hundreds of marine manufacturers who have been recognized through the history of the program and receive the beautiful crystal awards. These trophies are proudly displayed by those who have brought new, innovative products to market and is a mark of distinction recognized across the industry. We would like to thank all those who entered and congratulate those who have won.”
IBEX is scheduled to return to the Tampa Convention Center, with IBEX 2022 show dates set for September 27 – 29, 2022. For more information, visit www.ibexshow.com.