Legal and insurance experts, marine law enforcement and manufacturer representatives will share their expertise to help attendees navigate the legal aspects of boating accidents at the American Boat & Yacht Council’s second annual Marine Law Symposium, “Anatomy of an Accident,” Jan. 9, 2018, in Charleston, S.C.
The agenda includes a review of five actual accidents and lawsuits that have implications for dealers, manufacturers, surveyors, accident investigators, expert witnesses and attorneys.
Additionally, marine law enforcement will examine types of accidents, reporting, what they provide if called into court, and what information attorneys have access to. Attendees will learn the language of litigators and insurance companies and how to protect their business in the event of a lawsuit.
“Last year’s Marine Law Symposium was an excellent opportunity for marine manufacturers to be introduced to a plethora of legal liability concerns with respect to our products,” said Jeff Wasil, BRP-Evinrude engineering manager.
The 2018 Marine Law Symposium speakers include:
- Joe Angersola – Swift, Currie, McGhee & Hiers, LLP
- Raul Chacon – Manion Gaynor & Manning, LLP
- William Daley – CED Technologies, Inc.
- Pat Duggan – Merrimac Insurance, LLC
- John Fetterman -The National Association of State Boating Law Administrators
- Matt Majors – Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency
- Randy Moore – Snell & Wilmer, LLP
- Christina Paul – K&L Gates, LLC
- Caroline Plater – Reed Smith, LLC
- David Rammelt – Reed Smith, LLC
- Wendy Sanders – Case Forensics Corporation
- Brant Savender – Maritime Research Associates, LLC
- Charlie Simmons – Gorman & Williams
- Jeff Smith – Honigman Miller Schwartz and Cohn, LLP
- Robert Taylor – Design Research Engineering
An early bird discount on registration is available until Oct. 13. Continuing Education Credits are available. Registered attendees are invited to ABYC’s annual meeting and cocktail reception Jan. 8, from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
To learn more and register visit: www.abycinc.org/marinelaw.
To learn about event sponsorship opportunities visit www.abycinc.org/sponsorship or call ABYC at (410) 990-4460.