LAKE FOREST, Ill., -- Brunswick Corporation (NYSE: BC) announced today the recipients of its safety award program for 2013. The purpose of the program is to encourage, recognize and reward employees and facilities that have achieved outstanding safety and health performance through promoting and practicing safety awareness, ultimately minimizing workplace incidents and injuries. All Brunswick manufacturing and distribution facilities worldwide are eligible for such recognition.
For 2013, two facilities received the Chairman's Safety Award, the Company's highest, while 24 additional facilities were recognized with Distinguished Awards for their 2013 safety performance. In all, 29 facilities were cited by Brunswick for achieving no lost-time incidents during 2013.
The Chairman's Safety Award is selected and presented by Brunswick senior management to the most outstanding performers. The Distinguished Safety Award is achieved by meeting specific safety performance results, which include incident rates and other Brunswick criteria. Two facilities have won the prestigious Chairman's Safety Award, including:
- Edgewater, Fla., Brunswick Commercial and Government Products
- Flagler Beach, Fla., Brunswick Recreational Boats Palm Coast.
As Chairman's Safety Award recipients, each will receive a $10,000 grant from Brunswick, which will be donated to a local charity chosen by the facility. This is the Palm Coast facility's fifth Chairman's Award, and the Commercial and Government Products facility's fourth Chairman's Award for annual safety performance recognition.
Further, 24 Brunswick manufacturing and distribution facilities worldwide were cited with the Distinguished Safety Award for their safety performance in 2013, including:
- Delavan, Wis., Life Fitness Distribution;
- Fond du Lac, Wis., Mercury Marine Engineering Plant 12;
- Franklin Park, Ill., Life Fitness;
- Fresno, Calif., Mercury Marine Plant 75;
- Houston, Texas, Land 'N' Sea;
- Juarez, Chih., Mexico, Mercury Plant 22;
- Kent, Wash., Diversified Marine Products;
- Lake Suzy, Fla., Land 'N' Sea;
- Merritt Island, Fla., Brunswick Recreational Boats Product Development and Engineering;
- Miami, Fla., Mercury Marine Regional Distribution Center Plant 85;
- Milton, Ont., Canada, Mercury Marine Plant 20;
- Muskegon, Mich., Brunswick Bowling Products;
- Norfolk, Va., Land 'N' Sea;
- Oshkosh, Wis., Mercury Marine Plant 33;
- Petit-Rechain, Belgium, Mercury Plant 28;
- Pompano Beach, Fla., Land 'N' Sea;
- Reynosa, Mexico, Brunswick Recreational Boats;
- Reynosa, Mexico, Brunswick Bowling Products;
- Shreveport, La., Land 'N' Sea;
- Suwanee, Ga., Land 'N' Sea / Mercury Marine Plant 73;
- Szekesfehervar, Hungary, Brunswick Bowling Products;
- Szekesfehervar, Hungary, Life Fitness Protokon;
- Suzhou, China, Mercury Marine Outboards Plant 58; and
- White Bear Lake, Minn., Land 'N' Sea.
"At Brunswick, we believe it is everyone's responsibility to contribute to safety in the workplace. I'm very pleased with our employees' commitment to our high safety standards and congratulate these facilities and their employees on their tremendous accomplishments," Brunswick Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Dustan E. McCoy said.