The Massachusetts Marine Trades Educational Trust announced its initiative KIDS in BOATING has distributed its first round of grant awards. The KIDS in BOATING initiative issued seven grants totaling $6,600. The grants awarded ranged from $500 to $1,500.
The nonprofit grant recipients were:
- Bourne Community Boating – bournecommunityboating.org
- Sail Salem Community Boating – sailsalem.org
- Atlantic White Shark Conservancy – atlanticwhiteshark.org
- Greater Fall River RE-CREATION – gfrrec.org
- Save the Harbor / Save the Bay – savetheharbor.org
- Crossroads MA – crossroadsma.org
- Outward Bound / USCG Foundation – coastguardfoundation.org
The KIDS in BOATING grant program is designed to financially support non-profit youth programs in the state of Massachusetts. The KIDS in BOATING committee felt that these seven groups shared a common goal of getting more kids on the water in a safe and smart manner and deserved to receive a grant to assist in achieving this goal.
For more information on this initiative including ways to help sponsor the initiative or to apply for a grant, visit the MMTA website.