LAKE FOREST, Ill. – Brunswick Corporation's (NYSE: BC) dealer services team, Brunswick Dealer Advantage, and the Brunswick Foundation, recently announced that 28 deserving students of dealer families from the U.S. and Canada have each been awarded a one-year, $2,000 college scholarship as part of the 2015 Brunswick Foundation Sons and Daughters Scholarship program.
Since 2007, the Brunswick Foundation Sons and Daughters Scholarship Program has recognized students for their academic excellence, leadership capabilities and community involvement during the past school year. An independent committee of academic professionals from leading Midwestern universities chose this year’s scholarship recipients.
"For the past nine years, the Brunswick Foundation Dealer Sons and Daughters Scholarship program has allowed us to directly help our dealers, their employees and their families," said Kirsten Schuchardt, marketing and program manager for Brunswick Dealer Advantage. "Brunswick Corporation remains committed to providing the best dealer support services in the industry and we are pleased to award these scholarships again this year."
Since its inception, the Brunswick Foundation Sons and Daughters Scholarship Program has provided more than $500,000 to support the baccalaureate education of more than 250 students.
"I am truly honored to be chosen to receive one of the Brunswick scholarships this year," said scholarship winner Matthew Genung, whose father works for Winnipeg Sport & Leisure in Manitoba, Canada. "This scholarship takes a large financial load off my shoulders, which will allow me to stay focused on my studies and maintain my current academic standing and for which I am very appreciative."
The Brunswick dealer scholarship program is a key part of Brunswick Dealer Advantage, a suite of dealer services in the U.S. and Canada that are designed to help dealers draw more customers, attract and retain employees and improve operational efficiencies. Brunswick dealers can learn more about Brunswick Dealer Advantage by calling 877-462-3884 or visiting www.brunswickdealeradvantage.com.
The 2015 Dealer Sons and Daughters Scholarship Program recipients are as follows:
- Jessica Bannon Pride Marine, Innisfil, Ontario
- Daniel Baum, Boat Owners Warehouse, Pompano Beach, Florida
- Sarah Benson, Link Recreational, Minong, Wisconsin
- Matthew Boutelle, Diversified Yacht Services, Fort Myers Beach, Florida
- Taylor Boutelle, Diversified Yacht Services, Fort Myers Beach, Florida
- Adam Boyer, Beacon Marine, Junction City, Kansas
- Chandler Bringer, OPC Marine, Imperial, Missouri
- Emily Clarke, Quality Performance, Corona, California
- Kayla Dean, MarineMax, Naples, Florida
- Katherine Dickey, Park Marine Base, Northville, New York
- Sarah Dickey, Park Marine Base, Northville, New York
- Robin Duffee, Sail & Ski Center, Austin, Texas
- Tia Esposito, Irish Boat Shop, Charlevoix, Michigan
- Matthew Genung, Winnipeg Sport & Leisure, Winnipeg, Manitoba
- Kaitlyn Govatos, MDG Performance, Edgewater, Maryland
- Molly Horton, Foothills Marine, Morganton, North Carolina
- Alexandria Jenkins, Cal's Marine, Loomis, California
- Rachel Kendall, AVO Marine, Winnipeg, Manitoba
- Jacob LaMore, Innovation Marine, Sarasota, Florida
- Louis Mihalinec, MarineMax, Clearwater, Florida
- Olivia Nesnay, McCarthy's Marine, Brielle, New Jersey
- Connor Pollard, Elite Marine, Riverside, California
- Kristian Sonsteby, Lighthouse Harbor, Greentown, Pennsylvania
- Alexis Spaulding, MarineMax, Lake Ozark, Missouri
- Connor Turley, MarineMax, Panama City, Florida
- Katie Webb, Sunset Marina at 43, Brandon, Mississippi
- Mica Wiley, MarineMax, Clearwater, Florida
- Joann Wolfenberg, Iron Mountain Powersports, Iron Mountain, Michigan