Every year the most talented skiers from around the globe are honored at the Waterski Awards to reflect upon the previous 12 months’ accomplishments of events that represent the sport to the fullest.
“The award ceremony is the hallmark event for the industry and the amazing athletes within it. Today’s top water-ski athletes deserve a lot more recognition for their stellar accomplishments aside from the brief moments they stand on the podium at major events like this,” said Todd Ristorcelli, editor-in-chief of Waterski. “They put a great deal of time into honing their skills and competing all over the world; it was a pleasure to host an event that brings more awareness to these skiers and celebrate their successes.”
The list of winners in their respective categories include:
- Waterski Male Slalom Skier of the Year: Nate Smith
- Waterski Female Slalom Skier of the Year: Regina Jaquess
- Waterski Male Tricker of the Year: Aliaksei Zharnasek
- Waterski Female Tricker of the Year: Erika Lang
- Waterski Male Jumper of the Year: Ryan Dodd
- Waterski Female Jumper of the Year: Jacinta Carroll
- Waterski Ambassador of the Year: Brian Detrick
- Waterski Breakout Skier of the Year: Freddie Winter
- Waterski Female Junior of the Year: Brooke Baldwin
- Waterski Male Junior of the Year: Taylor Garcia
The hallmark industry event, open to the public, was an evening filled with athletes mingling amongst the audience, fine food and cocktails were served, and even some surprises. Dano Amir, one of the sport’s best known announcers, presented the awards.
Sponsors for the Waterski Awards included: Malibu Boats, Kicker, O’Brien, TOYOU Healthy Snacks, DB Ski, D3 Skis, Goode Skis, SP Gadgets, Kicker Audio, SeaDek, SP United, Babes Boat Care Products, Reflex, Acme Propellers, and HO Skis.
For more information, visit waterskimag.com/wsawards.