This year’s International BoatBuilders’ Exhibition and Conference will feature free exhibitor workshops to supplement the conference’s other educational offerings.
IBEX is October 4-6 at the Tampa Convention Center. The workshops will be offered in the Tech Talk Theater on the the 2nd level of the convention center. For complete access to all IBEX education programs click here.
“For everyone involved in boat building, design, repair, maintenance, sales, or other professional marine-industry segments we have developed an outstanding education program through our seminar series as well as exhibitor hosted sessions on the show floor throughout the three-day event,” said Anne Dunbar, IBEX Show Director.”We have back-to-back free workshops in the Tech Talk Theater and a full day of hands-on learning in our pre-conference Super Session program.”
Exhibitor hosted workshops in the Tech Talk Theater are free to attend and do not require registration. For details, click here.
Tuesday, October 4 from 11 am – 6 pm
- Design, Installation and Troubleshooting Q&A sponsored by SureShade LLC.
- Teak Tech 2016 a discussion on design, construction, repair and maintenance of teak decking sponsored by Teakdecking Systems.
- Success in the Challenging Regulatory Environment of Aropol L 67214 sponsored by Ashland
- Selecting the Right Core Material sponsored by DIAB Americas LP
- Optimizing Surface Finish for Closed Molding sponsored by Composites One
- Fastmount: Connecting the Future sponsored by Spradling International Marine
- Control That Boat: Digital Switching Solutions for 21st Century Vessels sponsored by Raymarine Inc.
Wednesday, October 5 from 10:30 am – 6:00 pm
- Reach New Customers & Boost Sales with Independent Sales Reps sponsored by the National Marine Representatives Association
- Aquatic Species Update presented by Presented by: ABYC and NMMA
- Interconnecting Analog, J1939, NMEA 0183 & NMEA 2000 into One System sponsored by VDO Instrumentation
- 1+1 = LESS: The New Math of Light-Weighting Production Boats sponsored by Composites One
- RGB LED Lighting – The Current and Future Development sponsored by ITC Incorporated
- Scantlings for Composite Boats sponsored by Composites Consulting Group
- Trends in Marine Toilet Systems sponsored by Dometic Corporation
Thursday, October 6 from 11:00 am – 1:00 pm
- Water-based Antifoulings and Varnishes; The New Standard sponsored by Pettit Paint
- Cost Effective Solutions for Adhesives Sealants, Epoxies Without Sacrificing Quality sponsored by Fixtech Pty. Ltd.
Also in the Tech Talk Theater will be COFFEE & CONVERSATION hosted by The Marine Millennials on Wednesday and Thursday morning starting at 8:30 am. Enjoy coffee and light refreshments and meet Kris Carroll of Grady White Boats and other marine industry leaders.
There will also be a series of speakers who will share their knowledge and take time to answer attendee questions in the Composites Pavilion at the Future Materials Display from 5 pm to 6 pm on Tuesday October 4. Ryan Williams, Senior Scientist at N12 Technologies will present Nanotechnology That Pays Off Now; Alan Taylor, President of Rapid Composites will present Rethinking Materials and Process; and Steve Potts, Owner of Scout Boats will present Taking Production Boats to The Next Level. The event is Sponsored by Composites One and Magnum Venus Products.