The Yacht Brokers Association of America recently announced the election of new officers and board members for the coming year.
David Benson, CPYB, president of Nashville Yacht Brokers was recently elected as YBAA president, leading the association’s board of directors. The board includes 13 YBAA member brokers from throughout the U.S. and Canada.
Benson has been in the yachting industry since 1985. He initially served as part of a yacht crew and then entered the new boat sales market. David became a founding partner of Nashville Yacht Brokers in 1991 and assumed ownership in 2001. He has served on the YBAA board since 2011.
“The reason we joined YBAA initially was to learn what we didn’t know,” said Benson. “As it turned out, we learned a lot. There is a wealth of information gained by simply rubbing elbows with other yacht sales professionals who care enough about their business to belong to a professional organization. By relying on YBAA’s accepted business practices, code of ethics and protocols, and, as a CPYB certified professional yacht broker, I have been able to elevate my professional capabilities and bring even more value to my clients. I look forward to leading YBAA in the coming year as we work to positively influence our members and our industry.”
The other newly elected YBAA officers and board members include:
- Vice President – Jean-Pierre Skov, CPYB – Northstar Yacht Sales, Portsmouth, R.I.
- Treasurer – Mike Titgemeyer, CPYB – Crusader Yacht Sales, Annapolis, Md.
- Past President – Hal Slater, CPYB – Brewer Yacht Sales, Westbrook, Conn.
- Board Member – Jonathan Chapman, CPYB – Northrop & Johnson, Inc. Newport, R.I.
- Board Member – Pat Sturgeon, CPYB – Pat Sturgeon Yachts Ltd, Mississauga, Ontario
- Board Member – Vince Morvillo, CPYB – Murray Yacht Sales, New Orleans, La.
- Board Member – George Samalot, CPYB – Samalot Marine, West Haverstraw, N.Y.