Marine Marketers of America (MMA) recently announced the winners of its 2018 Neptune Awards for Marine Marketing Excellence during the Miami International Boat Show.
“This year’s Neptune Awards competition was keenly contested, with companies delivering thoughtfully-executed marketing campaigns across all categories, from advertising and public relations to diversity and grassroots promotions,” said MMA President Wanda Kenton Smith.
The annual competition, now in its eleventh year, was open to any organization producing and publishing marine industry marketing materials between Jan. 1 and Dec. 31, 2018. A total of 50 marketing professionals from throughout the marine industry were involved in the judging process. The field drew 172 entries (up 12 percent from last year) in 20 categories.
“This year’s most highly-contested category was video production with 25 entries, proving that video marketing and its sharing capabilities are gaining in popularity as a competitive marketing tool for the marine industry,” said Sally Helme, MMA vice president and Neptune Awards co-chairperson.
At the awards ceremony, MMA officials also presented the coveted “King Neptune” Best-in-Competition Award to Evinrude BRP US Inc. for its “Evinrude Edge Demo Tour,” created by Six Speed. The judges noted, “This campaign didn’t miss a trick from setting objectives, to pre-event buildup, right to amazing follow through and follow up.” They further praised the campaign’s winning multi-faceted components that resulted in excellent ROI.
In addition to the category award winners, 11 “Honorable Mentions” were also presented to companies whose submission scored within 10 percent of the category’s winning entry.
“The results of this year’s contest continue to show that innovation and creativity are alive and well in the boating marketplace,” said Kristen Frohnhoefer, Neptune Awards co-chairperson.
2018 Neptune Award Winners included:
- Best Advertising Series: Volvo Penta of the Americas, “Boating Dreams,” created by Volvo Penta of the Americas
- Best Advertising Spread: Regal Boats, “Time of Your Life,” created by Regal Boats
- Best Single Page Advertisement: Paul Mann Custom Boats, “30th Anniversary,” created by Adams & Longino and Igoe Creative
- Best B2B Marketing: Infinity Woven Products, LLC, “IBEX Poker Run,” created by Infinity Woven Products, LLC
- Best Diversity Initiatives: Recreational Boating and Fishing Foundation (RBFF), “RBFF Women’s Initiative,” created by ColleMcVoy
- Best Email Marketing: Regal Boats, “Private Event,” created by Regal Boats
- Best Event Marketing/Grassroots Promotion and Winner of the King Neptune Overall Best in Class Award: Evinrude BRP US Inc., “Evinrude Edge Demo Tour,” created by Six Speed
- Best Innovation: Malibu Boats, “Animatics,” created by Malibu Boats
- Best Integrated Marketing Campaign: Hatteras Yachts, “Hatteras Cup Campaign,” created by Swanson Russell
- Best Newsletter Print and Digital: Yamaha Watercraft, “Generation EX,” created by ICBM Media
- Best Online Advertising – TIE:
- Boston Whaler Inc., “350 Realm,” created by Boston Whaler Inc.
- Regulator Marine, “Ultimate Offshore Versatility,” created by CW & Co.
- Best Public Relations: Volvo Penta of the Americas, “Self-docking Yacht,” created by Volvo Penta of the Americas
- Best Product Literature: Regulator Marine, “Teaser Brochure,” created by CW & Co.
- Best Sales Promotion: Volvo Penta of the Americas, “Boating Dreams,” created by Volvo Penta of the Americas
- Best Social Media: Sea Ray, “#SeaRaySummer,” created by Cramer-Krasselt
- Best Video: Malibu Boats, “Malibu Axis Wake 2019 T-Series,” created by Malibu Boats
- Best Website: Sportsman Boats, “Sportsman Boats Website,” created by Sportsman Boats
2018 Neptune Award Honorable Mention recipients included:
- Advertising Series: Pursuit Boats, “Pure Pursuit”
- Advertising Spread: Sea Ray Boats, “No Shoes”
- Single Page Advertisement – TIE
- RCB Center Console Yachts, “Size Matters”
- Yamaha Marine Group, “Angler of the Year”
- Email Marketing: Boston Whaler Inc., “Miami Drip Campaign”
- Event Marketing/Grassroots Promotion: Hatteras Yachts, “Hatteras Cup”
- Innovation: Hatteras Yachts, “Hatteras Cup”
- Integrated Marketing Campaign: Nautique Boat Company, “Ski Nautique Campaign”
- Online Advertising: Sea Tow Services International, “Parent with Confidence”
- Public Relations: Seakeeper, “Non-Marine Industry Media Outreach”
- Product Literature: MarineMax, “Lifestyles Magazine – 20th Anniversary Edition”
- Social Media: Volvo Penta of the Americas, “Boating Dreams”
- Video: Yamaha Marine Group, “Yamaha Marine Outboards XTO Intro Video”
- Website: Heyday Boats, “Heyday Boats Website”
All winning entries and images may be viewed at www.marinemarketersofamerica.org.