MINNEAPOLIS — The Marine Industry Certified Dealership Program received the 2015 Award of Excellence from the Midwest Society of Association Executives on June 11 at a special ceremony held during the association’s 59th Annual Meeting in Minneapolis. MSAE recognized the MICD program for its continued evolution and development.
Since the Marine Retailers Association of the Americas assumed program management in 2013, the MICD program has experienced a 50 percent-plus increase in participation. MRAA listened to suggestions that marine retailers made regarding potential program improvements and delivered requests, including:
- Simplifying the overall program and dividing it into steps;
- Making the cost of program participation more affordable;
- Reducing the frequency of recertification;
- Creating more virtual interactions with program consultants and staff;
- Developing more online resources, like the MICD Portal;
- Increasing program check-ins with MICD management to better monitor and evaluate progress; and
- Sharing additional best practices, among other improvements.
“We couldn’t be more proud to take home this award,” says MICD Program director Sonja Moseley. “The effort the program has put forth over the last year and a half exemplifies teamwork at its best; MICD team members worked hard in cooperation with one another to bring the industry’s desires related to program evolution to fruition. And it’s very rewarding to be recognized for these efforts. The MSAE award further underscores the value of the program and what benefits it holds for recreational marine dealers.”
This is the second consecutive year MRAA took home top honors from MSAE. In 2014, MRAA won the Award of Excellence for its “Start With Why” campaign, which dramatically shifted the association’s philosophy and helped increase membership, as well as boosted registrations for MRAA’s annual event, the Marine Dealer Conference & Expo.
The MSAE Awards of Excellence program started in 1995 and recognizes Midwest association activities and programs that make a difference within associations, the community or both.
For more information about the MICD Program or to enroll, contact Sonja Moseley at 763-333-2424 or firstname.lastname@example.org.