DANIA BEACH, Fla. - A 2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71 SUV is the featured item up for bid in the International Game Fish Association's 21st Annual International Auction and Banquet at The Breakers, in Palm Beach, Fla., Jan. 28, organizers reported in a recent release.
The premier fundraising event for the nonprofit, worldwide, membership-supported conservation, rule-making and record-keeping organization will feature 52 live auction items plus well over 225 silent auction items.
For the fourth year, an online auction of a continuously growing list of nearly 300 items is now underway at the IGFA's Web site, www.igfa.org. The extensive list of items up for bid includes:
- Original and limited edition artwork and sculptures by artists Carey Chen, Guy Harvey, James Harris, Don Ray, Bodo Muche, Dave Baroncelli, Adrian Gray and many others.
- Entries into tournaments worldwide, many of them 2006 Rolex/IGFA Inshore and Offshore Championship qualifying events.
- International and domestic charters, many including lodging.
- Cruises and vacation packages to resorts, hotels and lodges worldwide.
- Game fish trophy mounts, rods, reels, tackle, fishing equipment, gold and diamond jewelry, books, clothing and more.
“We are adding even more unique and quality items almost daily, so bidders are encouraged to check the IGFA Web site often,” said Mike Myatt, director of marketing.
The item expected to receive the highest bidding is the Chevy Tahoe SUV. Chevrolet is the newest platinum sponsor of the 66-year old IGFA.
“Since we started featuring the auction on the IGFA Web site, online bidders have won 25 percent of the items,” said Lesley Arico, special projects coordinator. “But it's better to be there live for all of the many activities throughout the evening.”
Advance tickets for the evening are $175 each and open to the public. For additional details, contact Arico at the IGFA at 954-924-4222 or email at LArico@IGFA.org.
- For more of the latest news, click here.