The National Marine Electronics Association (NMEA) has announced the schedule for the International Marine Electronics Conference & Expo at the Sheraton Park Hotel in Anaheim, Calif., October 3-7. The trade-only event focused exclusively on marine electronics is five days of manufacturer training, technical sessions, installer certification classes, a manufacturer product expo, awards and networking with decision makers in the marine electronics industry.
Manufacturers offering technical training sessions include:
Actisense, Airmar, B&G, Cobham, Flir, Furuno, Garmin, GOST, Intellian, IRIS, KVH, Lowrance, Maretron, Nobeltec, Omnisense, Raymarine, Seatronx, Simrad , SI-TEX, Wave WiFi.
In addition, training for Basic and Advanced Marine Electronics Installer and NMEA 2000 Installer certifications are available for a separate registration fee.
Tuesday and Wednesday mornings host the education sessions, which are followed by a buffet lunch and the manufacturer expo hall, which is open from 1:30 to 6:30 pm. A sponsored reception highlights both days of the exposition. Below is the lineup of education sessions:
- Email Marketing, Google Business, and Social Media - Presenter - Sean Chapman, Navico
- Hands-on Connectors - Presenter - Kevin Boughton, Midcoast Marine Electronics
- Specialty Diagnostic Tools - Presenter - Kevin Boughton, Midcoast Marine Electronics
- Commercial Sonar Panel - Moderator - Steve Katz, Steve's Marine Service. Panelists - Atlantic Marine Electronics, Furuno, Simrad, SI-TEX
- Selling Safety with Marine Electronics - Presenter - John Barry, Technical Marine Support
- Get Familiar with OneNet - Presenter - Mark Oslund, NMEA Director of Standards
- Modernizing AIS - Presenter - Brian Tetreault, Army Corps of Engineers
- Space and the Future of Satellite Communications - Presenter - Blad Stavropoulos, Intellian
- Engage with your local trade school - Presenter - Anne Avery, Skagit Valley College