LAKE FOREST, Ill. – Brunswick Corporation announced today the recipients of its safety award program for 2014. The purpose of the program is to encourage, recognize and reward employees and facilities that have achieved outstanding safety and health performance through promoting and practicing safety awareness, ultimately minimizing workplace incidents and injuries.
All Brunswick manufacturing, engineering and distribution facilities worldwide are eligible for such recognition. In 2014 for the first time a distribution facility won a Chairman's Safety Award, the company's highest honor in the category, along with its first manufacturing facility outside of North America to win the top honor.
For 2014, six facilities received the Chairman's Safety Award and each will direct a $10,000 donation to a local charity of its choice. Meanwhile, 22 additional facilities were recognized with Distinguished Safety Awards for their 2014 safety performance. In all, 37 facilities were cited by Brunswick for achieving no lost-time incidents during 2014, though all did not qualify for either the Chairman's Safety or Distinguished Safety awards, which include additional criteria.
The Chairman's Safety Award is selected and presented by Brunswick senior management to the most outstanding performers. The Distinguished Safety Award is achieved by meeting specific safety performance results, which include incident rates and other Brunswick criteria. The six facilities that have won the Chairman's Safety Award include:
- Edgewater, Fla., Boston Whaler;
- Flagler Beach, Fla., Brunswick Recreational Boats Palm Coast;
- Vonore, Tenn., Brunswick Recreational Boats Tellico;
- Petit Rechain, Belgium, Mercury Marine Plant 28;
- Juarez, Mexico, Mercury Plant 22; and
- Suzhou, People's Republic of China, Mercury Marine Outboards Plant 58.
Petit Rechain is the first distribution facility, rather than a manufacturing operation, to win the Chairman's Safety Award, while the Mercury Marine facility in China is the first manufacturing operation outside of North America to qualify for the honor. 2014 marks the sixth Chairman's Safety Award for the Palm Coast facility in Flagler Beach, Fla., and its third consecutive award.
Further, 22 Brunswick manufacturing and distribution facilities worldwide were cited with the Distinguished Safety Award for their safety performance in 2014, including:
- Bristol, Wis., Life Fitness (Billiards)
- Dandridge, Tenn., Brunswick Recreational Boats
- Edgewater, Fla., Brunswick Commercial and Government Products
- Fond du Lac, Wis., Mercury Marine Engineering Plant 12
- Franklin Park, Ill., Life Fitness
- Fresno, Calif., Mercury Marine Plant 75
- Joinville, Brazil, Brunswick Recreational Boats
- Kansas City, Mo., Land 'N' Sea
- Lowell, Mich., Attwood
- Merritt Island, Fla., Brunswick Recreational Boats Product Development and Engineering
- Miami, Fla., Mercury Marine Regional Distribution Center Plant 85
- Milton, Ont., Canada, Mercury Marine Regional Distribution Center Plant 20
- Muskegon, Mich., Brunswick Bowling Products
- Norfolk, Va., Land 'N' Sea
- Reynosa, Mexico, Brunswick Bowling Products
- Reynosa, Mexico, Brunswick Recreational Boats
- Shreveport, La., Land 'N' Sea
- Suwanee, Ga., Land 'N' Sea / Mercury Marine Regional Distribution Center Plant 73
- Szekesfehervar, Hungary, Brunswick Bowling Products
- Szekesfehervar, Hungary, Life Fitness Protokon
- Taycheedah, Wis., Mercury Marine Racing Plant 36
- White Bear Lake, Minn., Land 'N' Sea
"At Brunswick, we believe it is everyone's responsibility to contribute to safety in the workplace. We have high standards at Brunswick and work hard each day to ensure the safety of our employees and the communities in which they work and live. We congratulate these facilities and their employees on their tremendous accomplishments," Brunswick Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Dustan E. McCoy said.