NEWPORT, R.I. – Newport Exhibition Group announced today that its 45th Annual Newport International Boat Show will take place September 17th through 20th, 2015 on the Newport waterfront along America’s Cup Avenue in Newport, Rhode Island.
One of the largest in-water boat shows in the country and the premier show in New England, the Newport International Boat Show encompasses 13 acres and will host hundreds of exhibitors from around the world with new powerboats and sailboats ranging from 16 to 100 feet, plus a variety of accessories, equipment, electronics, gear and services for boaters. The Newport International Boat Show is expected to draw tens of thousands to historic Newport.
To celebrate its 45th Anniversary, show producers will host a Treasure Hunt for an exquisite sapphire necklace—the gemstone associated with the month of September and the traditional 45th anniversary gift—as the prize. One hundred lucky participants will be selected to find the necklace on Sunday during the show through a series of clues on a dedicated mobile engagement app.
Confident Captain’s At The Helm program returns with an expanded line-up of in-water and shore-based training courses for beginners or seasoned boaters. These courses are ideal for individuals or families who are interested in learning how to sail or operate a powerboat, or for those who simply need a refresher course.
The highly anticipated Newport for New Products (NFNP) program provides attendees with the exciting opportunity to view boats and products making their first ever debut in the U.S. at the Newport Show. Each NFNP entry is judged by a panel of experts and awards will be given for best new powerboat; sailboat; navigation product; and boating operation, maintenance or safety product, at a ceremony on Friday, September 18th.
Also on tap for showgoers are a variety of educational seminar topics presented by experts in their field and the ever-popular annual Cruisers Party hosted by Cruising Outpost.
Newport International Boat Show Details:
Show Dates & Hours:
Thursday, Friday & Saturday, September 17th, 18th, and 19th: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Sunday, September 20th: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Thursday, September 17th, VIP Day: Tickets are $35*. If tickets are purchased by Wednesday, September 16th - each order includes a reserved parking space at Easton’s Beach ($15 value, one parking space per transaction). Shuttle bus service from Easton’s Beach to the show entrance is included with the parking space.
- Friday, Saturday or Sunday, September 18th, 19th or 20th: Tickets are $15* through Thursday, September 17th and $19 if purchased on September 18th through the 20th.
- Two-day discounted ticket packages are also available.
- Children under 12 are admitted free all days when accompanied by an adult.
- Friday, September 18th only, visitors with a valid Military or Newport County Resident ID pay $12 admission at the ticket booth (This discount cannot be combined with any other discount offer).
*Ticket prices are subject to additional processing fees.
For more information, visit: www.newportboatshow.com