NMMA announced the agenda for its innovation breakfast at the Miami International Boat Show. The breakfast is being held Friday, Feb. 17 within the show’s exciting newly expanded Center Courtyard. Doors open at 7:30 a.m. and the breakfast runs from 8 a.m. until 9:30 a.m. NMMA is also proud to share the news that the breakfast is being presented by the Recreational Boating & Fishing Foundation with support from Dominion Marine Media and Enterprise Florida.
Celebrating the thousands of innovative products, ideas and services showcased during the Miami Boat Show each year, the Innovation Breakfast will feature a host of presentations focused on propelling our industry forward through innovation including:
- Special opening remarks from Thom Dammrich, president of the NMMA.
- The presentation of the CSI Awards, recognizing marine dealers that excel in customer satisfaction.
- Frank Peterson, president of the RBFF will address how the Foundation is innovating its way to increased boating and fishing participation. Innovation and adaptation are essential in the pursuit of progress; and both of these concepts are at the center of the RBFF’s path to realizing its new aspirational goal of reaching a participation level of 60 million anglers in 60 months. Hear firsthand why and how this critical effort can make a difference in our industry.
- Marine Marketers of America will present their Neptune Awards recognizing excellence in marine marketing communications.
- Dominion Marine Media’s newly appointed CEO will unveil the company’s new name and share his vision for creating a world-class boat-shopping experience.
- NMMA will present the Alan J. Freedman Memorial Leadership Award, honoring groups or individuals in the marine industry who’ve made outstanding contributions to boating.
- Special presentation from Enterprise Florida.
- Capping off the Breakfast will be the Miami International Boat Show Innovation Awards, the recreational boating industry’s highest honor for innovative and technological achievement, judged by Boating Writers International.
“The Miami International Boat Show brings together the best boats and engines, the best marine accessories and the best of boating from around the globe. An estimated $3 billion in marine products can be found at this year’s show and it’s no surprise that creativity and intelligent design are at the center of what you’ll find,” said the NMMA in a statement. “We’re celebrating that with the Innovation Breakfast and elevating it by putting it center stage so to speak — relocating the breakfast to the expanded Center Courtyard area of the show, enhancing the experience with new breakfast foods, and providing an agenda focused on the innovative efforts leading our industry into the future.”
Tickets to the breakfast are available for purchase and are expected to sell out quickly.
Because doors to the breakfast open at 7:30 a.m. and the breakfast begins at 8 a.m. – before the show officially opens – exhibitors planning to attend the breakfast must park in Lot A, take a taxi/Uber to Lot C, or valet park, as all other parking lots and transportation will not be running until 9 a.m.
For questions about the Innovation Awards, contact Rachel Timko at firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions about the breakfast, contact Ellen Hopkins at email@example.com.