At the 57th annual Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show, this year’s food and beverage selections at the concessions area located at the Bahia Mar marina – the show's main location – will be presented by Great Performances, a New York City-based catering and special event company and the official caterer for other notable events including the Miami Open tennis tournament and the New York Wine and Food Festival.
"People travel to this boat show from all over the world and we're working hard to make sure that everyone's experience is great in every way," said Brett Keating, vice president of consumer marketing for Show Management, the company that has managed and produced the show since 1976. "We anticipate a great response from our guests to this outstanding show enhancement, which everyone enthusiastically welcomes."
Great Performances will offer its own proprietary concepts including seafood, sandwiches and design-your-own salads. The caterer also will partner with local restaurants, each bringing its own food concept to the table to provide guests with a wide variety of food choices.
Local restaurants that will be serving at the show's enhanced concessions area include the following:
- The Knife Steakhouse, offering ceviche, empanadas, sandwiches and house-made sausage;
- Latin Café, offering serving Cuban sandwiches, empanadas, grilled beef and grilled chicken;
- Puntino Pizza, presenting pizzas and meatball sandwiches; and
- Sushi Maki, serving a variety of rolls, tuna and salmon tacos.
Local food truck partners are Killer Melts, Moty's Grill and Health Nut on Wheels. A wide array of beverage choices also will be available, including a coffee tent.
Proprietary food concepts by Great Performances include:
- The Market Place, offering create-your-own salads;
- The Sandwich Shop, featuring hot-pressed sandwiches;
- Buenos Aires, serving breakfast and lunch croissants, baguette and tramezzini sandwiches; and
- Off The Dock, featuring lobster rolls, crispy calamari, fried shrimp and fish and chips.
Food carts with light offerings of food and drinks will be located throughout the Bahia Mar marina, Hall of Fame Marina and Las Olas Marina show locations.
For exhibitors hosting private events, Great Performances offers delivery directly to booths and boats, including a wide array of snacks, appetizers, salads, sandwiches and wraps, sushi, desserts and beverages including soda, water, coffee, beer and wine. To place a delivery order, visit FLIBS.com.
The 57th annual Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show is set to take place Nov. 3-7 at the Bahia Mar Fort Lauderdale Beach Hotel & Yachting Center, the Hall of Fame Marina, Las Olas Municipal Marina, Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina, Sails Marina, Hyatt Regency Pier 66 Marina, and the Greater Fort Lauderdale/Broward County Convention Center. For VIP ticket packages, visit VIP.FLIBS.com.