Five new Sea Ray sport boat models made their global premiere at the New York Boat Show last week, including four new SLX models and an addition to the Sundeck line.
“We’re thrilled to introduce four groundbreaking SLX models and give boaters a taste of The SLX Experience, the result of carefully orchestrated excellence,” said Sea Ray president Tim Schiek. “These are truly impressive boats, with a host of cutting-edge features that work in harmony to go above and beyond expectations. And the addition of our new 290 Sundeck Outboard — a seamless marriage of Sea Ray craftsmanship, signature style and premium Mercury Marine outboard power — is further evidence of our commitment to next-level boating.”
The following models premiered at the New York Boat Show:
- 230 SLX: “Outstanding performance, premium fit and finish, incredible comfort and cutting-edge technology come together in every SLX model, and the 230 is certainly no exception. Captains will appreciate the helm’s Dynamic Display option, an electronics touchscreen that provides connectivity and control of multiple systems in the boat — navigation, stereo, engine, as well as many vessel functions via digital switching technology — wrapped in a custom Sea Ray graphic user interface. Convertible cockpit seating, a sprawling aft sunpad lounge with convertible backrests, a full-beam extended swim platform and high-end upholsteries are among the many standouts in this luxury sport boat,” Sea Ray said.
- 250 SLX: “The 250 SLX’s powerful performance comes courtesy of several best-in-class features. MerCruiser’s new 6.2 L V-8 300hp Bravo III engine comes standard, delivering the speed watersports fans and adventure-seekers crave, and Mercury SmartCraft Digital Throttle & Shift (DTS), along with an optional Dynamic Display, allows for effortless control. Sea Ray’s proprietary QuietRide technology, featuring Tuned Transom, keeps noise and vibration at bay, even at hair-whipping speeds. Up the ante with the Dynamic Running Surface™ option, which automatically optimizes running attitude and trim for incredible stability and performance no matter the load or sea conditions. Beautifully modern styling rounds out a boat that is not only thrilling to drive, but also thrilling to look at,” the company said.
- 280 SLX: “Superior performance is a hallmark of the 280 SLX. Sea Ray’s precision-manufactured hull provides the superior ride for which the SLX line is famous. The boat is also available with Dynamic Running Surface, and Sea Ray’s Dynamic Display interface is an exciting option for the helm. The 280 SLX marks a 17 percent increase in cockpit space over its predecessor, the 270 SLX, providing a total of nearly 65 square feet of room to stretch out, relax and socialize with friends and family. New accent lighting options, stylish contrast stitching, and an available Power Tower, with an articulating bimini system, all contribute to this boat’s remarkability,” the company said.
- 310 SLX: “The Power Tower with an articulating bimini system and dual-touchscreen Dynamic Display are both standard features on the 310 SLX, with an available fiberglass hardtop option. A wet bar with a stainless steel sink and faucet comes standard, and an optional electric grill takes entertaining capabilities up a notch further. Boaters will enjoy easy access to the water with the optional submersible Hydraulic Swim Platform, and can select optional LED lighting or transom-mounted underwater lighting to add a warm glow after sunset. Seating includes plush bow loungers with flip-down armrests, a cockpit social area, a dual helm companion seat and an aft-facing lounger that converts to a sunpad. Meanwhile, standard Twin MerCruiser 4.5 L V-6 250hp Bravo® III sterndrives with Mercury SmartCraft Digital Throttle & Shift (DTS) deliver remarkable speed and agility,” the company said.
- 290 Sundeck Outboard: “This sleek and spacious deck boat offers numerous options and delivers an upscale sport boating experience. Twin Mercury Verado 225hp engines are standard, with an option for twin 250hp engines and optional joystick piloting. Loads of usable space and clever seating solutions, including optional twin aft-facing loungers, are among the highlights of this beautifully crafted model. The standard wet bar, enclosed head compartment with sink and vanity, and optional refrigerator and grill make the 290 Sundeck Outboard a natural for entertaining and well suited for long days on the water,” the company said.