Seattle’s 37th annual Lake Union Boats Afloat Show gets underway Wednesday, Sept. 16. at 11 a.m. and continues through Sunday, Sept. 20. From ski boats to sailboats, trawlers to super yachts and everything in between, Boats Afloat has it all. It brings you all the best of boating in one place on beautiful South Lake Union, in sunny September. The show is open from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. weekdays and 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. weekends.
At the show you’ll find there’s a boat for every budget, activity and lifestyle. More than 50 distinct brands of yachts, brokers, and dealers from Washington, Oregon, California, Florida and British Columbia, Canada will display their boats. More than four dozen shore side exhibitors with professional services from marine finance and insurance to electronics, marinas, shipping, yacht linens and yacht maintenance will also exhibit at the show. And if that weren’t enough to entice you, there are tons of fun attractions for the entire family.
Selected Attractions and Promotions:
- Free daily 45-minute sailboat rides for all ages on Lake Union on 30-40 foot boats through Discover Sailing.
- Free 60-minute sailing lessons for kids 8-16 on 13’ Hobie Cat Waves, courtesy of Sail Sandpoint. Lessons will be available on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. View the schedule at: http://www.boatsafloatshow.com/free-sailing.htm
- Center for Wooden Boats Kids Toy Boat Building. Kids can use traditional tools to build and decorate their own wooden boat and see them float in the pond. (Saturday and Sunday only.)
- Hampton Yacht Group Women’s Docking Lessons
Docking can be nerve wracking —especially in tight spaces, unfamiliar marinas or when the wind or current kicks up. The Hampton Yacht Docking lessons will get participants started on that road to complete confidence. The classes include 25 minutes of classroom training, and 20 minutes of in-water demonstration. Go to http://boatsafloatshow.com/docking-lessons.htm for more details and to view the schedule.
- Sea Gals: 12s, come get in the spirit for the Sept. 20 Seahawks/Packers game by meeting the Sea Gals and getting autographed photos. Noon – 2pm Saturday.
- Seminar series, presented by Sea Magazine
The show will be offering a series of free one-hour seminars with topics for the seasoned boat owner. For a complete list of seminars, seminar times and bios of the presenters, please visit http://boatsafloatshow.com/seminars.htm
- Half Price Happy Hour: Tickets to the show are half price on Thursday and Friday from 5-7 pm. Why rush home when you could spend a few hours kicking back and kicking anchors. When the show closes your drive home will be much less stressful!