ATLANTIC CITY, N.J. – The Progressive Insurance Atlantic City Boat Show docks at the Atlantic City Convention Center February 4-8 to give lifelong boating enthusiasts and novices alike the opportunity to shop, compare and find competitive deals on everything from sport fishers and performance boats to sailboats and family cruisers, plus thousands of marine accessories and activities for all ages.
Beyond the fun of seeing hundreds of new boats at the Show, attendees can take advantage of incredible educational opportunities like the all-new Progressive Boat School, meet fishing stars like “Wicked Tuna” Captain TJ Ott, and support “Let Us Eat Please,” a local nonprofit organization that helps deliver meals to kids in need.
Here are the top features on deck for the 2015 Progressive Insurance Atlantic City Boat Show:
- Meet Captain TJ Ott from National Geographic Channel’s hit series “Wicked Tuna” and catch a few tips on how to fish for adventure February 6-7. Capt. TJ has caught hundreds of giant bluefin tuna from the gulf of Maine to the outer banks of the Carolinas and loves to share his fishing tales!
- Hands-on learning –The show’s educational opportunities are unparalleled. The Progressive Insurance Boat School offers virtual, hands-on education in a newly built boat school (that actually is a boat!). Top-notch mariners are on deck to lead courses covering a variety of boating topics using a virtual boating simulator and remote control docking pool, plus tips and tricks to ensure safety on the water.
- Catch more fish at the Recreational Fishing Association Discover Fishing sessions where fishing fans will learn expert tips and techniques on saltwater, freshwater, inshore and offshore fishing from the pros.
- Fly fishing and paddle sports indoors – Learn all about fly fishing, kayaking and other paddle sports at American Fly Fishing Schools 50-foot “SIMUL-CAST” Pond. Kids can get in on the action with the Kids’ Fly Casting Competition, hosted by Mike Corblies, national fly-fishing personality and International Director of American Fly Fishing Schools.
- Become the sharpest tool in the Shed –Step into Fred’s Shed Interactive Learning Center – a real-life boat repair shop hosting DIY sessions to teach visitors everything they need to know about engine maintenance and repair.
- Fun for the little skippers – Beyond the amazement of seeing and boarding hundreds of boats,children can build a nautical masterpiece at the Toy Boat Building tent, get their feet wet navigating a mini-lake in their own paddleboat, taking photos with Dora the Explorer, get a caricature of themselves, see a professional sand sculpture (http://www.jgowdy.com/) and more!
- Boatloads of nautical giveaways –Enter to win a $500 show shopping spree, a Willard Bond sailing watercolor painting valued at $4200, and more!
- Annual favorites also return, including the Miss GEICO race boat, the world’s fastest catamaran breaking speeds of 200 mph!
- Support “Let us Eat, Please” – on Thursday, February 5, The Progressive Insurance Atlantic City Boat Show will host a special fundraiser for “Let Us Eat, Please,” a local nonprofit organization that helps deliver meals to kids in need.
Tickets for the 2015 Progressive Insurance Atlantic City Boat Show are $15 for adults. Admission for children 15 and under is FREE when accompanied by an adult. Advance tickets and group rates are available online.
For complete information on exhibitors, features, hours, tickets and more, visit ACBoatShow.com, plus stay tuned to Twitter, Facebook and Instagram or search #ACBoatShow across all social media channels for up-to-the-minute information.