MILWAUKEE -- ARI Network Services, Inc., an award-winning provider of data-driven software tools and marketing services that help dealers, distributors and manufacturers Sell More Stuff!™, reported financial results today for its fiscal 2015 first quarter ended October 31, 2014.
Highlights for the fiscal first quarter included:
- The company completed its acquisition of Tire Company Solutions, LLC ("TCS Technologies") on September 30, 2014, further consolidating its position as the leader in eCommerce-enabled websites and digital marketing services in the automotive tire and wheel industry.
- Total revenues for the first quarter of fiscal year 2015 were $9.1 million, which compares with $8.2 million for the same period last year and $8.5 million in 4Q14.
- Operating income was $0.3 million for the first quarter of fiscal 2015, compared with operating income of $0.2 million for the same period last year and $0.4 million in 4Q14.
- Net income was $104,000 or $0.01 per diluted share for the first quarter of fiscal 2015, compared with net income of $25,000 or $0.00 per share for the same period last year and $174,000 or $0.01 per share in 4Q14.
- EBITDA, a non-GAAP measure, adjusted for non-cash charges, was $1.2 million or 13.2% of revenue in the first quarter of fiscal year 2015. This compares with EBITDA of $1.0 million or 11.8% of revenue in the same period last year and $1.4 million or 16.1% of revenue in 4Q14.
- Cash generated from operations was $1.6 million for the first quarter of fiscal 2015, compared with ($26,000) for the same period last year and $1.3 million in 4Q14.
Fiscal Year 2015 First Quarter Financials
ARI experienced 11.7% revenue growth as it reported revenues of $9.1 million for the first quarter of fiscal year 2015 compared with $8.2 million for the same period last year. Recurring revenues for the first quarter of fiscal year 2015 were $8.2 million versus $7.7 million in the same period last year. Recurring revenue comprised 89.5% of total revenue for the first quarter versus 94.7% for the same period last year.
Gross margin for the first quarter of fiscal year 2015 was 80.8% versus 80.9% last year.
Operating income was $283,000 for the first quarter of fiscal year 2015, compared with operating income of $167,000 for the same period last year, a 69.5% increase. The increase in results from operations is attributed to cost efficiencies and reductions made in fiscal year 2014, partially offset by incremental costs in the quarter related to the acquisition of TCS Technologies.
The company reported net income of $104,000 or $0.01 per diluted share for the quarter, compared with a net income of $25,000 or $0.00 per share last year.
Roy W. Olivier, President and Chief Executive Officer of ARI, commented, "With our first quarter results, we are off to a great start for our fiscal year. We closed the TCS Technologies acquisition on September 30, 2014, and with the incremental revenue they contributed for the quarter, ARI revenue topped $9.0 million in quarterly revenue for the first time. In addition to the revenue growth, we were able to improve upon both our profit and EBITDA performance from the prior year."
William Nurthen, Chief Financial Officer, commented, "Our profit and EBITDA performance in the quarter was strong given we experienced more than $200,000 in charges related to the TCS Technologies acquisition in the quarter. In addition, we posted our largest quarterly cash flow from operations performance ever at $1.6 million. We are pacing well ahead of last year as this result represents more cash flow than we generated in the first three quarters of fiscal 2014."
First Quarter Fiscal 2015 Conference Call
ARI will conduct a conference call on Thursday, December 11, 2014 at 4:30 pm ET to review the financial results for the fiscal quarter ended October 31, 2014. Interested parties can access the conference call by dialing 877.359.3639 or 408.427.3725 and referring to conference ID: 45024166. The conference call is also being webcast and is available via the Company's investor relations website at investor.arinet.com. A replay of the webcast will be archived on the company's website for 60 days.