WASHINGTON – The Marina Operators Association of America (MOAA), has released the dates and location of its upcoming Marina Management 101 course, which will be held April 19-21 at the Gaylord Texan Resort and Convention Center in Grapevine, Texas.
The course is open to concessionaire managers from the Army Corps of Engineers, U.S. Forest Service, the National Park Service and the Bureau of Reclamation, as well as other interested resource managers, MOAA said in a statement today.
The registration fee is $250.00, and includes registration and course materials, a welcome reception, lunches, a field trip by boat and transportation to area marinas.
Day one educational sessions will include the following topics:
1. What Makes Up Today’s Marina – An overview of the amenities, products and services that complete a successful marina.
2. Delivering Recreation on Federal Lands and Water – The role of customer service at marinas.
3. Marinas and the Environment – Clean marinas leading the call to environmental stewardship.
4. A Field Trip to Lake Lewisville marinas for a hands-on experience with marina facilities.
Day two’s sessions will focus on:
1. Marina Design and Construction.
2. Marina Risk Management – Insurance as a cost of business.
3. A Financial Analysis of Marina Profit Centers – What are the margins really.
4. The Capital Equation – What does it cost to operate a marina.
5. Measuring the Success of Your Marina Partnership – Some evaluation tools and suggested strategy for improving partnerships.