Every industry is different. Every business is different. Every company's Facebook followers are different.
But with those caveats out of the way, you can learn a heck of a lot from looking at 1 billion Facebook posts from more than 30 million brand pages. That's what Buzzsumo did in January to find out what types of posts are most effective.
You can read more here, but these are some of the key takeaways.
- Questions and images get the most engagement
- Shorter is better - posts of less than 50 characters get the most engagement.
- But longer is good to when linking - posts that link to articles of 1,000 words or more get better engagement
- Posts without hashtags do better than posts with hashtags
- Posts published between 10 pm and midnight local time do better than other times of day, as do posts on Sundays
Check out the full report to see how you can improve your Facebook performance.