Volvo Penta has announced the launch of a new training support platform designed to help boat dealers sell Volvo Penta diesel powered boats.
The Volvo Penta Sales Academy is comprised of videos and associated resources that will help dealer salespersons understand and convey to prospects the key features and benefits of the Volvo Penta products, systems and service programs.
“The Volvo Penta Sales Academy is the latest effort in our Easy Boating initiative, which aims to make it easier for new and existing customers to enjoy the unique boating lifestyle by removing perceived barriers to entry,” said Jens Bering, Vice President of Marine Sales for Volvo Penta of the Americas.
Dealer salespersons participate in the Sales Academy by watching a series of video modules. At the end of each module the viewer takes an online quiz. The initial modules include:
- Volvo Penta history and products overview with a special focus on IPS
- Electronic Vessel Control (EVC) technology and associated Easy Boating solutions
- Tips on how to demo and sell Volvo Penta systems
- Service and warranty programs that will enhance customer satisfaction long after the sale
- Orientation programs that formally introduce the new owner to his or her vessel, with other new modules to be added over time.
The platform also includes a “toolbox” of resources such as product brochures and engine leaflets for quick, easy access.
“A key link in the selling process is the boat dealer’s sales staff,” said Bering. “They are at the front line of customer interaction. The Sales Academy lessons will give them the confidence to demo the Volvo Penta Easy Boating systems – from the dash to the engine room – with all the resources they need for an effective sell directly at their fingertips.”