The Marine Retailers Association of the Americas has announced appointments to several positions on its board of directors for 2017, including a new chairman.
Joe Lewis, who had been serving as the MRAA board’s vice chairman, will become chairman. He replaces Randy Wattenbarger, who served two years as the chairman and now moves into the immediate past chair seat.
Lewis, general manager of Florida’s Mt. Dora Boating Center, was first appointed to the MRAA board in 2009 and has also been a longtime member, and chairman, of the Grow Boating Board of Directors.
“We accomplished many great things under Randy’s leadership, from growing our membership and our MDCE attendance to bringing the Marine Industry Certified Dealership Program in house,” said Matt Gruhn, president of MRAA. “We thank Randy for his many years of service to the marine dealer body and the MRAA, as we also extend a welcome to Joe as he steps into the role.”
In addition to Lewis and Wattenbarger, the other MRAA Board positions that were announced are:
- Joe Hoffmaster, Hoffmaster’s Marina – Vice Chairman
- Don MacKenzie, Boats, Incorporated – Secretary/Treasurer
- Jeff Hall, Hall Marine Group – Region 4 Director
- Jeff Haradine, WakeSide Marine – Region 6 Director
- Dave Briggs, Wayzata Marine – Region 7 Director
- Martin Boyer, Austin Boats & Motors – Region 9 Director
- Craig Brosenne, Hagadone Marine Group – Region 10 Director
- Chad Taylor, Taylor’s South Shore Marine – Director At Large
The MRAA also announced that its longest-tenured member, Steve Baum – president and CEO of Boat Owners Warehouse in Fort Lauderdale, Fla. – would cycle off the MRAA Board after serving on it for 19 years. Baum, who had been the immediate past chair, joined the MRAA Board in 1998 and attended his last meeting as a board member on Dec. 4.