Fort Lauderdale, FL - ABBRA, the American Boat Builders and Repairers Association is once again offering its intensive three-day Marine Service Manager course from September 8th – 10th in Riviera Beach, Florida at Viking Service Center. The course is a main requirement for service managers seeking to become an ABBRA Certified Marine Service Manager.
Executive Director of ABBRA, Gordon Connell stated, “We’re once again seeing strong interest in the MSM Course and I’m confident the Florida boatyards will see the importance of this program and take advantage of the professional development opportunity. As one of the largest boating states, the recreational marine industry in Florida is an integral part of the economy and securing its health through educational enhancement initiatives like the MSM can only make the business and industry stronger. ”
The MSM course is led by a group of widely respected, as well as recognized, marine industry and boatyard professionals. It covers areas such as leadership skills, time management, human resources, workforce development, safety, health and emergency response, maritime law and contracts, job estimating, project management, financial management, and a boatyard study tour. Notable marine industry leaders and MSM course instructors include:
- Pam Lendzion, President of MarineTec Management Company;
- Mark Houck, Maritime Attorney with Chartwell Law Offices, Miami, FL;
- Shirley Adams, Director of Human Resources at Correct Craft, Inc.;
- Jim Bronstein, President of Marine Business Advisors;
- Kellie Crete, Safety and Loss Control Manager of The Gowrie Group, Westbrook, Connecticut.
Registration can be completed online at www.abbra.org/msmcourse.