CHICAGO – The 2014 Progressive® Insurance Chicago In-Water Boat Show® docks at 31st Street Harbor June 5-8, transforming Chicago’s newest marina into a one-stop marketplace for boating enthusiasts and providing visitors the unique chance to shop and compare more than 125 new boats, get their feet wet in the boating lifestyle and celebrate the start of summer.
Those who aren’t in the market for a boat can participate in a variety of free activities including paddlesports, Hobie kayak spin classes, banana boat rides, DIY boat repair and maintenance seminars and boating lessons (for a nominal fee). Visitors can also shop dozens of booths selling the latest in nautical gear and accessories and enjoy the sounds of summer on the Party Deck with live music from DeHurricane, recent winner of the Chicago Music Award for best reggae entertainer.
2014 Progressive Insurance Chicago In-Water Boat Show highlights:
- Take exercise to the water. Free activities to jump into the boating lifestyle include kayaking, stand up paddleboarding (SUP), banana boat rides, SUP yoga lessons and, new this year, Hobie Kayak spin classes.
- Become a captain. Powerboat and sailing lessons provide attendees the opportunity to learn everything from boating safety to advanced docking and precision control. Check the website for the schedule and to register.
- Learn to Scuba dive or take in a Flyboard demo. Scuba Dive into an underwater world in the comfort of a heated pool. Anyone ages 10 and older can learn how to dive with a certified instructor. Prefer to sit back and watch the action? Flyboard demos are happening daily at Try It Cove. Flyboard combines the thrills of jet skiing, snowboarding and acrobatic diving - see it to believe it!
- Bring Home Your Dream Boat. Shop and save on more than 125 boats, from luxury yachts like this Marquis 720 Flybridge, to ski boats, sailboats, pontoons and family cruisers. The region’s leading dealers are gathering in one place to offer the newest models and brands at big deals.
- Take a cruise back in time at the Antique and Classic Boat Display. Discover America’s favorite pastime at this special showcase featuring over a dozen antique and classic boats displayed in the water from the Blackhawk Chapter of the Antique and Classic Boat Society.
Parking: Bike, Boat, or Drive to the boat show!
This year’s show offers complimentary transient boat slips for up to four hours, free secure bike parking and a new and improved parking and shuttle system. Visit the website for details.
When: NEW! Extended Hours Thursday through Sunday, June 5- 8, 2014
Thursday, June 5: 11 – 7 p.m.
Friday, June 6: 11 – 7 p.m.
Saturday, June 7: 10 – 7 p.m.
Sunday, June 8: 10 – 5 p.m.
Where: 31st Street Harbor
3155 S. Lake Shore Drive
Chicago, IL 60616
Convenient parking is available in Lot B of nearby McCormick Place. This is located directly south of the McCormick Place South Building and immediately west of Lake Shore Drive—$14 and includes shuttle to and from the show site!
Discounted parking pass available for purchase online only—just $12.
$10 – Adults (16 years & older)
FREE – Children (15 years & under)