PROVIDENCE, R.I. — Commerce RI’s International Trade Program and the Maine International Trade Center will partner to host an exhibit booth at the 2014 Marine Equipment Trade Show (METS), November 18-20, in Amsterdam, Netherlands. Companies interested in exhibiting are encouraged to participate as part of the joint “Best of New England” booth in the U.S.A. Pavilion.
“Rhode Island has a worldwide reputation as a center for marine activities,” said Paul Harden, of Commerce RI. “The opportunity for Rhode Island companies to showcase their expertise to a global market is unprecedented.”
“Europe continues to be in our top ten export markets for New England boat builders,” said President of the Maine International Trade Center Janine B. Cary. “We are excited to feature our quality New England marine products and boats at the show.”
The exhibit booth is large enough to accommodate at least six companies – ideally three from Rhode Island and three from Maine. The partnership between Rhode Island and Maine broadens the base of eligible companies and builds momentum to successfully market the booth.
The state agencies will also be working with the National Marine Manufacturers Association (NMMA) and the U.S. Commercial Service.
“Our firm is making a dedicated effort to grow our global customer base. We believe that international boat builders will continue to turn to U.S. suppliers because of the quality and dependability of our products,” said Neal Harrell, of Brooks Marine Group in Newport, RI. “We have identified METS as the premier venue to promote our business to the international boat building community and, thus, are thrilled to partner with other New England-based marine industry companies to pool our resources towards a common goal of growing our international business.”
METS is the largest, most comprehensive B2B leisure marine equipment trade show globally, drawing more than 19,000 visitors annually. Attendees include yacht and boat builders, naval architects, repair yards, distributors, captains, marina developers, and equipment manufacturers from around the world.
The special exhibitor fee for the “Best of New England” booth is $4,500 and includes:
- Pre-show and on-site support and coordination – including registration, hotel, booth needs, shipping and invoicing – from state trade staff, NMMA’s export development director and U.S. Department of Commerce representatives to ensure you take full advantage of this opportunity.
- A pre-show networking lunch, allowing you to make acquaintance with fellow exhibitors.
- Increased exposure through an aggressive marketing campaign that includes coverage in The Daily News and the METS official show catalog to drive maximum traffic through the booth.
- METSTRADE.com, an online B2B resource with appointment module.
- Daily refreshments at the NMMA booth.
- A networking cocktail reception with live music for all U.S.A. Pavilion exhibitors with unlimited invitations for your clients and industry contacts.