Dometic Marine launches full line of Watermakers at Miami International Boat Show
February 4, 2014
Filed under News
MIAMI BEACH, Fla. – Dometic Marine, a division of Dometic Group, a global provider of leisure products for the marine, truck, caravan, motor home and automotive markets, today announced the launch of the Dometic Sea Xchange Sea Water Reverse Osmosis system and the Dometic Spot Zero Fresh Water Reverse Osmosis system. The new line of watermakers will be showcased at contiguous booths #Q71, #Q61, and #Q65 in the Convention Center venue of the Miami International Boat Show (MIBS) from Feb. 13-17.
In addition to the watermakers, Dometic Marine will also exhibit innovations in ship-wide ventilation, sanitation, ice machines, air conditioning and refrigeration. On display in the SeaLand section of the booth will be the MasterFlush® 7100 Series Orbit marine toilet, winner of an IBEX Innovation Award, the SAIL Magazine Pittman Innovation Award and nominee for a METS DAME Award.
“From sanitation to air conditioning, to refrigeration and ventilation, Dometic is constantly innovating new ways to meet the needs of our customers when they’re out on the water, for pleasure or work. We’re excited to be adding watermakers to our offerings,” said Ken Taranto, Dometic Marine Vice President for Aftermarket System Sales. “Watermakers eliminate the need to carry heavy fresh water supplies, allowing pleasure boaters, sport fisherman and workboats alike to save fuel and take longer trips.”
Dometic’s new Sea Xchange Sea Water Reverse Osmosis System features a compact design, high quality components and a user-friendly interface. The watermaker system comes in four models, with capacities of 600 gallons per day, 1200 gallons/day, 1800 gallons/day and 2200 gallons/day. The Dometic Spot Zero Fresh Water Reverse Osmosis system uses water from the available dock hose or sea water reverse osmosis systems for spot-free cleaning of boat exteriors. It can also be used to fill a boat’s freshwater tanks for spot-free dishes and glassware. The fresh water systems, models SZ2000 and SZ3000, have capacities of 2000 gallons per day and 3000 gallons/day, respectively.
At the Miami show Dometic will exhibit:
- Dometic Sea Xchange Sea Water Reverse Osmosis System – turns sea water into potable water
- Dometic Spot Zero Fresh Water Reverse Osmosis System – converts impure water into clean, purified water for spot-free rinsing with no chamois drying needed
- Dometic Livos Ship-Wide Ventilation Systems – fans, blowers, fire dampers, mist-eliminating grilles and more
- MasterFlush 7100 Series Orbit Macerator Marine Toilet – this toilet’s base rotates to fit any plumbing angle; comes with stainless steel macerator blades
- Smart Touch Cabin Control – the first vibrant, full-color marine touch-activated thermostat and system control for a boat’s air conditioning system
- Dometic Marine Smart Touch Chiller Control – a touch-activated HVAC system controller for Cruisair and Marine Air brands of chilled water systems
- Dometic Eskimo Ice Pusher – the first-ever device designed to streamline Eskimo Ice production for fish boxes by automatically pushing stacked ice away from the “bin-full” sensor inside the fish box, ensuring continued production of ice into the box
- Eskimo Ice Diverter – a sensor-based system that automatically fills two fish boxes from a single Eskimo Ice Maker
- CR Series refrigerator and CRD-50 drawer refrigerator – for a sleek, modern look that is both luxurious and practical