TORONTO – The National Marine Manufacturers Association (NMMA) today released its 2013 Canadian Recreational Boating Statistical Abstract providing data that offers an in-depth look at the position of the recreational boating industry.
“The 2013 Recreational Boating Statistical Abstract is a comprehensive summary of statistics on the Canadian recreational boating industry, providing an unparalleled resource for industry stakeholders,” said Sara Anghel, executive director/vice-president government relations, NMMA Canada. “The Abstract provides the industry with one common set of numbers to reference when assessing the Canadian recreational marine market. It is an invaluable tool for our industry in understanding the economics of boating and getting a comprehensive look at how all segments of our industry are faring.”
Containing the most current market facts and figures available, the Abstract presents detailed charts and graphs on sales, participation, the retail market, imports/exports, the pre-owned boat market and more. The data, which cover 2009 through 2013, are analyzed by market segment, region and province, enabling businesses to identify regional and segment trends.
Highlights from the 2013 Canadian Statistical Abstract (data tabulated from October 1, 2012 – September 30, 2013) include:
· Retail sales of new boats and outboard engines totaled $2 billion, a two percent decrease compared to the previous year.
· Pre-owned boat retail sales declined two percent from 2012.
· Aluminum pontoon outboard retail sales increased 12 percent and accounted for 27 percent of total metal outboard boats sold in 2013.
· Inflatable boats experienced the second largest increase in retail sales after aluminum pontoons, with a sales increase of eight percent in 2013.
· An estimated 15 million Canadian adults, equating to 44 percent of the population, went boating last year.
One free copy of the Abstract is will be available this week to all NMMA members, both Canadian and U.S., to download on nmma.ca. If members wish to have a printed copy they will be available to order for $85. Non-members can purchase the Abstract for $950. For more information about the Abstract contact Sara Anghel, Executive Director at email@example.com or at 905-951-4048.