The National Marine Manufacturers Association (NMMA) today announces the postponement of Superyacht Lifestyle Miami (SLM) to February 2015. “In consideration of the strong interest from potential exhibitors, sponsors, our members and the superyacht industry, we are postponing our Superyacht Lifestyle Miami event to February 2015 to better accommodate their needs,” says NMMA President, Thom Dammrich. “NMMA has made this strategic decision to best fulfill expectations of forging relationships between the superyacht industry and luxury brand categories.”
Concurrently, NMMA is broadening its global superyacht industry involvement and is actively researching and providing strategies to support industry marketing initiatives. Dammrich comments, “In addition to superyacht initiatives already undertaken by NMMA, we are concentrating our 2014 efforts on understanding more fully the needs of the sector. As we continue working alongside superyacht builders, brokers and industry groups, and attend global forums and meetings, we are directly asking the industry what it needs and how we can use our team to fulfill those needs. We believe our Superyacht Lifestyle Miami event will be enhanced by these efforts.”
NMMA’s work in the superyacht sector is vital to its members and the greater global superyacht business. Highlights of its endeavors include:
- Participation and leadership in ISO and other standards for superyachts worldwide;
- Advocating on behalf of the superyacht industry to protect it from harmful government regulation;
- Partnering with superyacht industry associations and industry groups;
- Providing strategic support to its accessory manufacturer members who are key suppliers to superyacht builders; and,
- Developing export opportunities domestically and abroad to help grow the sector globally.