CHICAGO (December 11, 2013) – The 2014 Progressive Insurance® Chicago Boat, Sports & RV Show® transforms McCormick Place into an outdoors enthusiast and boater’s paradise January 16-20 over the Martin Luther King Jr. holiday weekend. The annual show not only offers the best deals on hundreds of boats and RVs, it also gives attendees a chance to escape the Midwest freeze and enjoy the great outdoors, indoors.
Whether it’s climbing aboard a life size pirate ship, trying paddlesports on an indoor mini-lake or learning about one-tank RV trips from Chicago, there’s something for everyone to enjoy and start thinking about the warm summer days ahead.
Here are the reasons to ring in 2014 at the Progressive Insurance Chicago Boat, Sports & RV Show:
10. Duck Royalty – Meet John Godwin from the hit A&E television show, Duck Dynasty. John is meeting and greeting fans on Sunday, January 19 from 1 p.m.-5 p.m.
9. Get Active on the Water – Experience all the fun and fitness benefits of kayaking or Stand Up Paddleboarding (SUP) at the PaddleFest pool. Industry experts will be on hand to answer questions, teach technique and new trends from SUP yoga and racing to inflatable kayaks.
8. Dive Into Scuba, Indoors – Explore the world of scuba diving at the heated “Be a Diver Pool.” Anyone ages 10 and older can learn from diving experts, plus get a picture taken underwater as a keepsake. Wetsuits, equipment and changing rooms provided.
7. Walk the Plank– Climb aboard a life size pirate ship – the Gypsy Rose III. Meet Captain Tim and his pirate scallywag crew, dress up in pirate gear, sing pirate tunes and even fire a cannon.
6. Learn the Ropes of Boating – Visit Discover Boating’s Welcome to the Water Center for hands-on learning and seminars for all levels of experience from the Annapolis School of Seamanship. See seminar schedule here. Also, check out a display of boats that can be financed for about $250 per month or less.
5. Walk on Water – Don’t miss Rockin’, Rollin’ Bubbles, the latest craze in water walking sports. Act like a crazy hamster or pretend it’s a log rolling competition, all while inside large inflatable rollers on a pool.
4. Become the sharpest tool in the Shed – DIY sessions at Fred’s Shed Interactive Learning Center teach visitors everything they need to know about engine maintenance and repair. See schedule here.
3. Go RV’ing – Looking to hit the road in an RV? Don’t miss an array of seminars at the RV Pavilion Stage for every level of experience from motorhome 101 to cool RV tools and gadgets. Plus, learn about easy one-tank trips from Chicago presented by the Illinois Department of Natural Resources. See schedule here.
2. Beat Cabin Fever with the Kids – Get the little ones out of the house and cast a line at the Huck Finn Trout Pond, stare in awe at Miss GEICO, an 11,000-pound, 50ft. racing boat, and meet SpongeBob SquarePants on Saturday (1/18) or Sunday (1/19) from 12-4 p.m.
1. Historic Boats– Get up close and personal with American classics at the Antique and Classic Boat Display. An array of vintage boats are sure to grab attention and offer a nostalgic look back in time.
For more information and feature highlights visit, ChicagoBoatShow.com.