Discover Boating, NMMA to host National Marina Day webinar
April 15, 2013
Filed under News
On Saturday, June 8, the entire boating industry will come together for a common purpose - to increase participation and interest in boating for National Marina Day, a first-ever industry-wide celebration of boating.
National Marina Day is part of Discover Boating’s Welcome to the Water initiative. You can learn more about the program in a special webinar at 2 p.m. Wednesday, April 17.
Whether you’ve already decided to participate or are looking for more information to help you decide, join in this brief, but informative, webinar to learn more. Find out about local events, how hosting one can benefit your business, plus ideas on how to collaborate with other businesses in your area to produce effective on-water events.
This webinar will be hosted by Tom Knighten, project leader for Discover Boating Hands-on Learning Events. The 30-minute webinar will provide prospective event hosts & participating businesses with:
- Welcome to the Water on National Marina Day event and objectives (and why it matters to you)
- How to find (and rally) host marinas and businesses interested in collaborating on an event in your area
- Planning and event resources available to you (local promotion and support elements, including collateral and communication templates)
- Support via national marketing efforts, including a list of key stakeholders who are committed and how that benefits you
- Overview of the value of experiential events as a business development tool
- How to organize and conduct your experiential on-water events that have been successful at boat shows